Expand my Community achievements bar.

Applications for the 2024 Adobe Target Community Mentorship Program are open! Click to the right to learn more about participating as either an Aspirant, to professionally level up with a new Certification, or as a Mentor, to share your Adobe Target expertise and inspire through your leadership! Submit your application today.
SOLVED

Set Adobe Analytics variable on name of Target Activity and Experience

Level 1

In Target I want to set an Adobe Analytics variable (eVar) to capture the name of the Target Activity and whether it is currently a view of Experience A or B.

Anyway I can do this in Target or Launch?

I know we don't need this with A4T but for data analysis we want to capture this in a standard eVar.

Thanks!

-Nick

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 2

@technickly We are looking to do the same thing - publish the experience id and activity id values to a dedicated AA var. The guidance we were given was we would want to publish that in a listvar (which you get dedicated ones out of the box) and in essence you want to publish the activity id and experience id that is received via response tokens to the assigned listvar. Keep in mind, there might be multiple campaigns firing on the same URL, so this listvar will allow you to capture all campaign data (up to 255 characters, I believe) using some delimiter to separate campaigns, e.g. [123456:0|345678:1, etc.]

Hope that is helpful!

View solution in original post

8 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 2

@technickly We are looking to do the same thing - publish the experience id and activity id values to a dedicated AA var. The guidance we were given was we would want to publish that in a listvar (which you get dedicated ones out of the box) and in essence you want to publish the activity id and experience id that is received via response tokens to the assigned listvar. Keep in mind, there might be multiple campaigns firing on the same URL, so this listvar will allow you to capture all campaign data (up to 255 characters, I believe) using some delimiter to separate campaigns, e.g. [123456:0|345678:1, etc.]

Hope that is helpful!

Level 1

Thanks for the quick answer.  I'll check out how to use Response Tokens in Launch.  Thanks!

Level 1
Hi everyone I have this is working using ttMeta code right after Target loads in Launch rule as per video but about 10% of the time. Console shows ttMeta and my data element fine but my eVar is empty. Is it a timing issue? I'm going to email Adobe support.

Level 6
Yea I would start with the timing. If you have Launch using the AEP debugger tool and enabling logging, you can see when the events are fired. Additionally I would print out the ttMeta Object prior to sending the beacon data in a lower environment just to see if its always present or not. If not then I would create an event from Target to notify the beacon call when the data is present and add a timeout just in case.

Level 6

@technickly as @yza085 shared, you should use response tokens, in this case the activity name/id and the experience name/id for what is displayed. You will need to set up a rule in Launch that listen for the Adobe Target success event to grab the response tokens and place somewhere you can pick it up to send to Adobe Analytics as an evar. If you are going to have multiple experiences on the page you can use a list var which will be automatically slice it in Adobe Analytics, or you can set it into an evar and create a classification rule to slice it based on pipe delimitator as an example.

Level 1
Perfect, thanks for confirming and sharing the details!

Level 1

Hi,

We are also in the same situation now. Though we are able to see the ttMETA value( with activity details) in the console and also in the eVar in which we are assigning this ttMETA, still we are unable to find the eVar in smetrics call in Network  as well as in Adobe Experience platform debugger. Any suggestions to get over this?