Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Question re activation of an AB test with a duration set

Level 1

Sorry, but another newbie question.

When creating an AB test and a duration is set as part of the test, does this mean that when activated by an approver, the AB test will be live but will only perform the AB function during the duration time that is set?

Thanks,

Barry 

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

Hi Barry ,

When the Approver activates the campaign, then only the Activity gets activated on the basis of duration start set i.e. if the Activity is set with duration start as "Activated" then the activity gets activated as soon as it is approved however if activity duration  start is set to some date then activity gets activated after the set start time and will perform the A/B test during the duration set.

Thanks & Regards

Parit Mittal

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Level 10

Hi Barry, 

The activity can start when approved, or you can set a specific date and time. Likewise, the activity can either end when it is deactivated or you can set a date and time. The time picker uses a 24-hour clock, with 00:00 being midnight. The time zone is set to the time zone configured in your browser. To use a different time zone, set your browser to another time zone and restart the browser.

Thanks & Regards

Parit Mittal

Level 1

Thanks Parit,

I understood that about the configuration, but was curious about the following as we have staff with varying roles for separation of duties.:

- we have staff with Editor permissions who create/edit the campaigns. They would set the specific duration (between two dates) during the creation of the A/B test.

- we have staff with Approver permissions who activate the campaigns.

If the Approver activates a campaign (A/B test) that has a duration set in it, what is the expected behavior. I know in the dashboard that the campaign shows as being active, and what I would like to know is that this means that the campaign is active and will perform the A/B test only during the duration that was set.

Thanks,

Barry

Correct answer by
Level 10

Hi Barry ,

When the Approver activates the campaign, then only the Activity gets activated on the basis of duration start set i.e. if the Activity is set with duration start as "Activated" then the activity gets activated as soon as it is approved however if activity duration  start is set to some date then activity gets activated after the set start time and will perform the A/B test during the duration set.

Thanks & Regards

Parit Mittal