Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us for an upcoming in-person Adobe Target Skill Builders event ~~> We're hosting these live learning opportunities to equip you with the knowledge and skills to leverage Target successfully. Learn more to see if we'll be coming to a city near you!
SOLVED

Pull Adobe Variables in Target Audience

Community Advisor

Hello Community,

I am working on integrating 3rd party tool (tool allows to understand engaged users on our website) with Target for personalization. This integration is via Launch and maps Adobe variables in rules. Integration says you will be able to utilize these Adobe variables within Adobe Target to configure your A/B test or dynamic personalization.jsvasu_0-1684251075426.png

However, I am unable to pull these variables for creating the audience. has anyone in the past been able to pull Adobe variables directly while creating variables?

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Dear @JyotiSharmaV ,

You should parse the Segment Details on the page and then grab it in the Target Parameter.

A few steps are fine, but it is not absolute now. Let's connect on the bridge and close it, then you can share the final output here for everyone's reference.

Thank You, Pratheep Arun Raj B (Arun) | NextRow Digital | Terryn Winter Analytics

View solution in original post

9 Replies

Community Advisor

Dear @JyotiSharmaV ,

Make sure that you are sending the variables to Adobe Target as MBOX Parameters or Profile Parameters. If yes, it should appear in the 'Custom' definition of the Audience Library.

For more help, you can share the public URL and the variable details here, we can validate the same for you.

Thank You, Pratheep Arun Raj B (Arun) | NextRow Digital | Terryn Winter Analytics

Community Advisor

Dear @JyotiSharmaV,

Hope you are already triggering Adobe Target Beacon from your website (By adding Adobe Target Extension and a rule to load & fire Adobe Target).

If yes, you need to add MBOX Parameters to the beacon (rule to load, add params to the requests & fire) and there are plenty of documents available on how to tag MBOX Parameters to the Adobe Target Beacon directly or using Adobe Launch. Kindly checkout.

Community Advisor

I did share that doc in my last message which says passing parameters to mbox call but as I am new to Target I don't see any step to step configuration to understand how to pass that. If possible can you share the dummy rule created by you to understand how to do that?

Community Advisor

Hey @PratheepArunRaj , I read many docs, and looks like this is the correct way to what I want to achieve but my scenario has one additional step. I checked this doc, where it says Request Mbox, and if you see the "validate request parameter" part below shown there, it's exactly where i want to see my variable coming up in the below screenshot from adobe doc. 

jsvasu_1-1684522721650.png

However, In my case, I have 3rd party tool, where I have my segments already build and I am pulling those segments in to launch to push them to Target in order to create an audience.

The segment field on the left(with a drop-down in screen-shot-1 below) is coming up from the integration that I have done with my 3rd part tool and on the right hand in screen-shot-1 "custom parameter" is the "Adobe Field or variable" to which I have to map my segment so that I can use that custom parameter (variable) in target for audience building ( screen-shot-2)

screen-shot-1)

Screenshot 2023-05-19 at 2.17.09 PM.png

screen-shot-2)Screenshot 2023-05-19 at 2.14.43 PM.png

When it will be achived, then finally it should appear to me like below in dev console:

Screenshot 2023-05-19 at 2.12.51 PM.png

Hope I am able to reproduce the scenario for you to suggest.

Thanks

Community Advisor

When doing action type Add Params to page Load Request it asks for mapping Value to Name of the parameter. 

jsvasu_0-1684877779413.png

I dont have any data element to map in the above action type. I have my segment that is mapped in to my adobe variable 

Screenshot 2023-05-19 at 2.04.05 PM.png

I tried following this doc to test Request Mbox param but unable to load any page load param in server call. 

https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/platform-learn/implement-in-websites/implement-solutions/tar...

jsvasu_2-1684881063388.png

jsvasu_1-1684881035082.png

Do you know why this is happening? It shouldn't be a problem because it's a basic page load param mapping on target hits. 

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Dear @JyotiSharmaV ,

You should parse the Segment Details on the page and then grab it in the Target Parameter.

A few steps are fine, but it is not absolute now. Let's connect on the bridge and close it, then you can share the final output here for everyone's reference.

Level 5

Not sure if what do you men my Adobe variables
- Target: You have few options to send data part of the mBox parameters or profile parameters
- Adobe analytics: Share your segment to custom attribute and you will see the analytics segments
- Adobe Audience manager: shared segment will populate in drop down

Thank

Community Advisor

Hey Community Advisors, Any suggestions on this thread? Thanks