Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us for an upcoming in-person Adobe Target Skill Builders event ~~> We're hosting these live learning opportunities to equip you with the knowledge and skills to leverage Target successfully. Learn more to see if we'll be coming to a city near you!
SOLVED

Preview link for recommendations blocks all other recommendations and doesn't show anything

Level 2

I have some recommendations running on a PDP. 

When I apply an inactive recommendation preview link, all my recommendations disappear. The recommendations I'm trying to preview don't appear either. 

If I apply a QA audience and set it live (e.g. ?qa=true URL parameter), things work fine. 

Any idea what's going on with the preview links? 

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 2

Hi @mysticDeveloper  We experienced this, you may be running into TNT-37455: QA mode for Recommendations activities. A known issue prevents preview if criteria used in the activity is item-based or category-based.

https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/target/using/release-notes/known-issues-resolved-issues.html...

This is a pretty fundamental capability that seems to be broken for a month or so with very little information from Adobe.

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Community Advisor

Hi @mysticDeveloper,

I would recommend to test either to delete the mbox cookie or in this in the Incognito window (if this is possible with a PDP). Under Activity QA I would recommend to set "Match audience rules to see experiences" to false and "Show default content for all other activities" to true.

In addition, the criteria of the recommendation must also be met so that a content from the collection can be displayed at all.

Level 2

Everything is in a fresh incognito session. 

There's no audience. It's all visitors. 

I don't want to show default content for all other activities because that's not how you properly QA stuff. 

The criteria for the recommendation is met fine. 

Correct answer by
Level 2

Hi @mysticDeveloper  We experienced this, you may be running into TNT-37455: QA mode for Recommendations activities. A known issue prevents preview if criteria used in the activity is item-based or category-based.

https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/target/using/release-notes/known-issues-resolved-issues.html...

This is a pretty fundamental capability that seems to be broken for a month or so with very little information from Adobe.