Expand my Community achievements bar.

Applications for the 2024 Adobe Target Community Mentorship Program are open! Click to the right to learn more about participating as either an Aspirant, to professionally level up with a new Certification, or as a Mentor, to share your Adobe Target expertise and inspire through your leadership! Submit your application today.
SOLVED

Not able to connect to adobe target from my local host , getting PKIX path building failed: sun.security.provider.certpath.SunCertPathBuilderException: unable to find valid certification path to requested target while doing health check of IMS confi

Level 3

I have followed below doc for connecting my localhost to adobe target through adobe io console as explained in below document .

https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/experience-manager-65/administering/integration/integration-...

* Created IMS configuration by downloading public key and loading the same on adobe I/O to get payload and client Id and all

* After that I tried to do health check , that is when I got below error

PKIX path building failed: sun.security.provider.certpath.SunCertPathBuilderException: unable to find valid certification path to requested target

cert-error-target.PNG

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 2

I have this error too. Do you have a corporate proxy doing SSL interception? My theory is that may be my problem.

I have tried adding the necessary CA certificates to the "global trust store" and it does nothing to help.

Anyone from Adobe want to respond ??

View solution in original post

6 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 2

I have this error too. Do you have a corporate proxy doing SSL interception? My theory is that may be my problem.

I have tried adding the necessary CA certificates to the "global trust store" and it does nothing to help.

Anyone from Adobe want to respond ??

Level 3

Yes ...I also did the same added certificates into JVMbut no help...there is no proxy server configured in my machine
BTW i am using open JDK11 in my local , I hope that should not be a problem

Level 2
I actually solved this issue by adding the relevant CA certificates into the Java keystore used by the java installation that runs my local AEM. Once that was done, the health check test call to get a token began to work. The reason I had this issue is because my corporate proxy does SSL interception. My java install did not trust the corporate proxy.

Level 3

I hope you have downloaded the certificates from https://ims-na1.adobelogin.com url and followed steps mentioned in below link

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/21076179/pkix-path-building-failed-and-unable-to-find-valid-cert...

If that is the case, I also did the same but no help

Level 2

Yes, open that site in a browser, view certificate, view certification path, and there you should find the CAs that must be trusted. In my case, I had 3 corporate CAs related to proxy that I had to add to java keystore.

It is very important that you do this for the SAME java install that your local AEM is using to run.

I had the same exact error and this solved it for me, as well as for another person in my organization. I wish you luck.