Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

New Visitor To Page

Level 3

I'm creating an experience for new visitors to a page,. Does Target consider someone a new visitor per page or does Target only consider someone a new visitor per site/domain?    For example, I created an audience with these two rules: Site Pages Current Page URL contains https://www.somedomain.com/page AND Visitor Profile equals New Visitor.  If I have a Target experience elsewhere on the site that a visitor has seen previously and then comes to this page later, should they still see the New Visitor experience?  I'm having trouble getting consistent results.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

@JonMaguire 

In the example, you have provided if they saw the other page on the same domain in the same session and that was the very first session they would be considered a new visitor. If however, the visitor had previously during a different session seen a different page on the same domain then the visitor would not be qualified as a new visitor they would be considered a return visitor.

Mihnea Docea | Technical Support Consultant | Customer Experience | Adobe | 1 (800) 497-0335

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

@JonMaguire 

In the example, you have provided if they saw the other page on the same domain in the same session and that was the very first session they would be considered a new visitor. If however, the visitor had previously during a different session seen a different page on the same domain then the visitor would not be qualified as a new visitor they would be considered a return visitor.

Mihnea Docea | Technical Support Consultant | Customer Experience | Adobe | 1 (800) 497-0335