Expand my Community achievements bar.

Applications for the 2024 Adobe Target Community Mentorship Program are open! Click to the right to learn more about participating as either an Aspirant, to professionally level up with a new Certification, or as a Mentor, to share your Adobe Target expertise and inspire through your leadership! Submit your application today.
SOLVED

Multiple Recommendations criteria / design / feeds on the same page

Level 3

Hi Guys.

On the same page I need to add two components both using  different

• criteria
  • design
  • collection
  • position on the page.

If I select Recommendation - Visual composer I can only split the traffic between between multiple activities - I need two recommendations on the page.

I am guessing I need to user the from visual composer but before going down this road - Is it actually possible? Is this working fine?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee

Hi jerome1978-3AbFfV​, Since you are targeting 2 different locations, there shouldn't be any collisions. Both activities will be evaluated and shown to the targeted audience .Also since VEC activities are delivered based on the target-global-mbox all activities will be evaluated and content will be returned.

Please refer to Priority --> "Target Standard/Premium Visual Experience Composer Only or Form-Based Composer Using Global mbox Only ", which explains in detail about how the activities are evaluated and the effects of priorities and collisions.

Hope this helps.

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Employee

hi jerome1978-3AbFfV​ Since you are considering using different positions on the page with everything like criteria, design being different, you could just setup two different recommendation activities. One for each location .

Hope that helps.

Level 3

Hi Noami,

I could be wrong, but I think if setup 2 recommendations activities only one will be triggered based on Audience & prioritization, right? Or is there a way to avoid the tests collisions and force the 2 tests to be displayed on the page?

Correct answer by
Employee

Hi jerome1978-3AbFfV​, Since you are targeting 2 different locations, there shouldn't be any collisions. Both activities will be evaluated and shown to the targeted audience .Also since VEC activities are delivered based on the target-global-mbox all activities will be evaluated and content will be returned.

Please refer to Priority --> "Target Standard/Premium Visual Experience Composer Only or Form-Based Composer Using Global mbox Only ", which explains in detail about how the activities are evaluated and the effects of priorities and collisions.

Hope this helps.

Level 3

thanks Naomi.  The 2 experiences were not displayed using the preview links, so I pushed them live and indeed t works