Expand my Community achievements bar.

Applications for the 2024 Adobe Target Community Mentorship Program are open! Click to the right to learn more about participating as either an Aspirant, to professionally level up with a new Certification, or as a Mentor, to share your Adobe Target expertise and inspire through your leadership! Submit your application today.
SOLVED

Moving from Target Delivery API to Edge Network API

Level 1

There's new documentation about how to implement Target with the Edge Network API, However, it doesn't mention how I can pass all the options/params I usually send to the Target Delivery API, for example, let's say I need to send an "at_property" token to be able to retrieve activities from a specific Target workspace. How can I achieve this in the Edge Network API? is there any docs explaining how to migrate from the Delivery API to the Edge Network API?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Hi @rob2020 

In the same document you'll see the way to pass mbox parameters into API request.

Most fields in the XDM portion of each request are serialized into dot notation and then sent to Target as custom or mbox parameters.

Example

Given the following XDM sample:

"xdm":{
   "marketing":{
      "campaignGroup":"winter22",
      "campaignName":"homeOwnerPromo22",
      "trackingCode":"hop22"
   }
}

When creating audiences in Target, the following values will be available as custom parameters:

• xdm.marketing.campaignGroup
  • xdm.marketing.campaignName
  • xdm.marketing.trackingCode

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Hi @rob2020 

In the same document you'll see the way to pass mbox parameters into API request.

Most fields in the XDM portion of each request are serialized into dot notation and then sent to Target as custom or mbox parameters.

Example

Given the following XDM sample:

"xdm":{
   "marketing":{
      "campaignGroup":"winter22",
      "campaignName":"homeOwnerPromo22",
      "trackingCode":"hop22"
   }
}

When creating audiences in Target, the following values will be available as custom parameters:

• xdm.marketing.campaignGroup
  • xdm.marketing.campaignName
  • xdm.marketing.trackingCode