Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Target Recommendation Feeds Importing Error 'File parsing failed'

Level 1

Hi team,

While setting up Adobe recommendations, we tried to import Google Product Feed. However, we ran into an error saying 'File parsing failed' (like below) with no further details.

jjwang_1-1655294458077.png

Can you provide more information on what this error is related to? Any suggestions on how to troubleshoot?

Thanks!

Regards,

Jingjing

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Hi @jjwang 

This kind of error occurs when there are mistakes in file that you are uploading. It is recommended to download sample file from target and fill your product data in it.

Also, check whether your csv file is saved as comma delimited csv

Hope this helps.

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Level 3

Hi @jjwang

I'm relatively new to Adobe Target myself, but I'll see if I can help you.

The first thing I would do is compare your feed against the examples provided here:

https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/target/using/recommendations/entities/feeds.html?lang=en#sec...

For example, one of the disclaimers on that page mentions "Google feeds do not support multiple values for a custom attribute."

Level 1

Thanks Nicholas, in my case we later found out there is a strange character in one entity attribute. Thanks for the answer still!

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Hi @jjwang 

This kind of error occurs when there are mistakes in file that you are uploading. It is recommended to download sample file from target and fill your product data in it.

Also, check whether your csv file is saved as comma delimited csv

Hope this helps.