Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Mobile view on Desktop browser

Level 2

HI all, sometimes i use the desktop browser to look at mobile sites as i wanted to see what console.log turns out.

However i discovered that if i set either browser name or mobile device/phone to true for audience settings, my js code will not work, but will work if i do not set any such restrictions. I assume that its because mobile view on desktop browser is complicated and does not fall in either category. If so, what is the correct setting to use for my situation?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

@adbl-dex one thing you may try is to add the mobile device user agent to your desktop instance using Requestly and check if this helps in achieving the desired result . Here is a You tube link for the same : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7FDB7KG61kQ .

Actually Target evaluates the User-Agent values for identifying the type of device hence this may help . 

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Employee Advisor

Hi @adbl-dex 

If you check your modifications in QA without using the "match audience rule" option, it should work. If you are using the "match audience rule" option while testing QA, it might disallow you to enter into the activity if you don't fit into audience criteria.

So, when you copy QA URL, do not toggle the "match audience rule" and keep your browser debugger on and check whether you are qualifying for the activity. If yes, then check if your code is working fine or giving any console errors.

Also, if you want to test QA with audience conditions, I would suggest testing it on an actual mobile phone.

Hope this helps.

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

@adbl-dex one thing you may try is to add the mobile device user agent to your desktop instance using Requestly and check if this helps in achieving the desired result . Here is a You tube link for the same : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7FDB7KG61kQ .

Actually Target evaluates the User-Agent values for identifying the type of device hence this may help .