Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

mbox3rdPartyId in the adobe.target.trackEvent

Community Advisor

Hi Team,

We are uploading the offline data into experience cloud using CRS.  The website is on at.js 2.x , we have passed mbox3rdPartyId through  adobe.target.trackEvent  through Adobe Launch Rule "PQR".

Target is implemented on website through launch only and there is separate rule "ABC" for this.

"PQR" is firing post "ABC" and I can see call is firing in network tab for both.

LordOfTheRings_0-1611310362406.png

I can see mbox3rdPartyId also present under Id.

So wanted to check with you if this setup would not cause any issue and I can target the loggedIn users since I have the thirdPartyId in the param.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 6
You are correct, you will get an error if you attempt to do so. A possible alternative is firing another rule in Adobe Launch if you are using it. For some reason you can fire multiple Target global mboxes using Launch but not using getOffer/applyOffer. I asked Adobe for information on how this works with Launch and how to replicate without using Launch but have not heard back.

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Level 6

@ambikaTewari_ATCI I see what you are doing here but I dont believe there is enough documentation on how this will work and how reliable it can be long term. The function "trackEvent" is meant for reporting so if Adobe scraps it and uses sendNotification instead you will need to pivot. It's a big "if" but perhaps theres another more effective way?

Have you thought of disabling auto global mbox when user authenticates and instead fire it using getOffers/applyOffers when you do have the mbox3rdPartyId?

Community Advisor
Hi @JOs, getOffers doesnt accept target-global-mbox name I believe thats why I switched to trackEvent. Did it work for you ? Can you help me with that please

Correct answer by
Level 6
You are correct, you will get an error if you attempt to do so. A possible alternative is firing another rule in Adobe Launch if you are using it. For some reason you can fire multiple Target global mboxes using Launch but not using getOffer/applyOffer. I asked Adobe for information on how this works with Launch and how to replicate without using Launch but have not heard back.