Expand my Community achievements bar.

Applications for the 2024 Adobe Target Community Mentorship Program are open! Click to the right to learn more about participating as either an Aspirant, to professionally level up with a new Certification, or as a Mentor, to share your Adobe Target expertise and inspire through your leadership! Submit your application today.
SOLVED

Mbox Trace: bot

Level 1

Hi everyone,

when using mbox trace today I detected the property "bot" which returned the value true.

Does anyone know what it means and why it is appearing? 

Thanks, Miriam

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

If I recall correctly, I think Adobe uses something like DeviceAtlas to run bot detection based on user agent string. Are you calling Adobe from a standard browser? Or trying to call in a headless/postman fashion?

For what it's worth, if Adobe Target thinks you are a bot, there are a variety of features that you will miss out on. Profile updates, reporting, potential audience qualification issues, etc. It would be worth resolving by setting the user agent to a known value.

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

If I recall correctly, I think Adobe uses something like DeviceAtlas to run bot detection based on user agent string. Are you calling Adobe from a standard browser? Or trying to call in a headless/postman fashion?

For what it's worth, if Adobe Target thinks you are a bot, there are a variety of features that you will miss out on. Profile updates, reporting, potential audience qualification issues, etc. It would be worth resolving by setting the user agent to a known value.

Level 1

Hi Eric,

thanks for your answer. I was using Chrome Incognito Tab when I was classified as a bot.

I was not aware that some bot detection is integrated out-of-the-box but it does makes total sense, especially for reporting and to achieve a clean audience split (without having bot traffic in one experience and not having it in the other one.

I found some information which verifies your feedback here in the section "Bots":

https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/target/using/introduction/how-target-works.html?lang=en