Expand my Community achievements bar.

Applications for the 2024 Adobe Target Community Mentorship Program are open! Click to the right to learn more about participating as either an Aspirant, to professionally level up with a new Certification, or as a Mentor, to share your Adobe Target expertise and inspire through your leadership! Submit your application today.
SOLVED

Maximum number of Profile scripts/Variables

Level 2

Hi,

I understand the maximum number of profile variables per mbox request are expected to be 50. What is the maximum amount of profile variables that can be created using profile scripts. 

And how does the system function if the number of profile scripts exceed the prescribed limit. (which ones does it discard_

Regards

@ashleyparker

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Hi @gaurav_kd606277 ,

I know of no limit to the number of profile variables or profile scripts you can add to Target. However, for profile scripts in particular it would be prudent to only setup scripts that are needed. As each script that is active is run each time a request to Target is received. Running more scripts can in theory take more time, so I personally like to write my scripts so they only run fully when I need them to, and if they aren't being used I deactivate them until they are needed again.

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Hi @gaurav_kd606277 ,

I know of no limit to the number of profile variables or profile scripts you can add to Target. However, for profile scripts in particular it would be prudent to only setup scripts that are needed. As each script that is active is run each time a request to Target is received. Running more scripts can in theory take more time, so I personally like to write my scripts so they only run fully when I need them to, and if they aren't being used I deactivate them until they are needed again.