Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Mapping in Create Feed section in Adobe Target Premium

Level 3

Kindly help me in understanding, what mapping we need in 3rd point in screenshot below while creating feed. Do you any sample of this mapping? Is this the mapping of fields in csv with??

Mapping.png

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee

Hi Abhishek. If you are using Adobe proprietary CSV upload format , then there is no need for field mappings as documented under Feeds . However if you are using a google product feed then you can use the mappings your data to our definition. Hope that helps.

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Correct answer by
Employee

Hi Abhishek. If you are using Adobe proprietary CSV upload format , then there is no need for field mappings as documented under Feeds . However if you are using a google product feed then you can use the mappings your data to our definition. Hope that helps.

Level 3

Shruthi,

I have few more queries

If we set up a daily feed then

1. Will the feed of each day overwrite the earlier day feed? OR the new products in feed will be appended to earlier feed available in Target?

2. Will the recommendation only recommend only those products which are available in latest feed in case of daily feed?

3. If we plan to take feed daily and till the next day, before uploading the next day feed. If some of the products/content page got deleted by content/product team, then I believe if recommendation will recommend these content pages/product than 404 error will come

How we can ensure that 404 error page not come for those pages which got deleted by product team and recommendation algorithm is recommending??

Employee

1. Will the feed of each day overwrite the earlier day feed? OR the new products in feed will be appended to earlier feed available in Target?

As documented  in Feeds , any data uploaded using the .csv file, Google product feed, or Analytics Product classification feed overwrites the existing entity attribute value in our database. So yes the feed of each day will overwrite the products from the previous feed .

2. Will the recommendation only recommend only those products which are available in latest feed in case of daily feed?

Criteria are rules that determine which products to recommend . So depending on when the algorithm runs and when the feed is uploaded there may be some edge cases where products no longer in the feed are still  recommended .

3.If we plan to take feed daily and till the next day, before uploading the next day feed. If some of the products/content page got deleted by content/product team, then I believe if recommendation will recommend these content pages/product than 404 error will come

How we can ensure that 404 error page not come for those pages which got deleted by product team and recommendation algorithm is recommending??

In the event that a product is removed from your site; there is no way for Target to know that the product has been removed  when delivering recommendations.

In order to not have the product appear in the recommended items, you could try and do the following(Please note that these are just some options that you could try)

- When a product is removed from the site, simultaneously run an API call to remove it from the system: https://marketing.adobe.com/resources/help/en_US/rec/r_Deleting_an_Item_From_the_System.html or you could also remove it manually

This way, when the cache is updated after a few hours- the product in question will not be shown in any recommendations

- Alternatively, you could modify the criteria to check for another parameter such as "outOfStock" which would be set to true if a product is out of stock and not display products that are out of stock (note: this should be done before the product is removed from the site, because without actual visits to the product page, the mbox data collected is not updated in the backend).

Level 1

Hi @Shruthi_N, with regards to this comment. I have a question.  How do you deal with feeds if you want to target more than one Country?  How will Target know which feed to use?  In our space we currently have a product feed, but are planning to add another, for products for another country.... will this not overwrite our existing feed then... How do you suggest we deal with this?

Level 3

Hi Shruthi

I tried uploading a feed via URL approach

Below are the steps I took

In the Publish instance of AEM DAM I uploaded a .csv file (feedwomenpage.csv).

PFB URL of feed http://localhost:4503/content/dam/we-retail/feedwomenpage.csv

Feed is available, if I check putting this URL in chrome browser

(I created a sample feed after downloading the format from Adobe Target console itself)

I provided this URL in Adobe Target console, in creation of feed section via csv and URL

In schedule section, I scheduled it for daily, and provide time after 5 minutes of the time when I created this

It does not ask for any mapping, environment all host groups and I saved it

The Feed status Changes from Waiting for downlaod --> Unknown Error (PFA image of error)

Kindly help me in understanding, where I am going wrong, Why this "Unknown Error" is coming??

Unknown Error Feed.JPG