Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us for an upcoming in-person Adobe Target Skill Builders event ~~> We're hosting these live learning opportunities to equip you with the knowledge and skills to leverage Target successfully. Learn more to see if we'll be coming to a city near you!
SOLVED

AEM and Target - w/ and w/o fragment etc.

Level 2

Hello! 

Has anyone implemented AEM and Target integration but is using Target only as a traffic split mechanism?  Meaning fragments are not leveraged, rather experiences are hardcoded in AEM and then Target is used to activate the campaigns (source of activity is AEM i/o Target).  

Thank you, 

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

@bc_99 That's correct, only fragments variations are displayed as offer in Abode target. The experience fragment “primary” version remains in AEM.

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Community Advisor

Hi @bc_99 

Using experience fragments created in AEM in Target activities, lets you use all sort of targeting activities whether it is A/B test, experience targeting or any activities powering AI or ML. It's not only restricted to manual splitting.  AEM brings together all the content and assets and target lets you deliver the personalized experience.

Experiences are not hardcoded, it's completely editable in AEM. In case you you have updated any experience fragment , you can simply sync it and target will soon have the updates version available. The experience fragment is imported into Target as an offer. You cannot edit the experience fragment in Target.

Hope this answers your question.

Level 2

Thanks @Avinash_Gupta_,

What I'm trying to understand is the current implementation didn't enable "fragment export to Target as an offer"... The only thing Target is doing is allow variants to be displayed. 

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

@bc_99 That's correct, only fragments variations are displayed as offer in Abode target. The experience fragment “primary” version remains in AEM.