Expand my Community achievements bar.

Applications for the 2024 Adobe Target Community Mentorship Program are open! Click to the right to learn more about participating as either an Aspirant, to professionally level up with a new Certification, or as a Mentor, to share your Adobe Target expertise and inspire through your leadership! Submit your application today.
SOLVED

Making CSS changes with Custom Code Editor

Level 1

I'm wanting to use the custom code editor to edit simple css on the page (in this case, the background image).

An example is below:

.example {

overflow: hidden;

position: relative;

background: #fceee3 url(/assets/img/example.jpg) no-repeat left bottom / cover;

min-height: 905px;

}

When I edit the css directly within the inspector, it works as expected. When I use the same information in Target, it doesn't work.

This has happened whenever I select any element or any change.

Am I using this tool completely wrong?

Thanks,

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee

Hi hayley1989,

Not sure if you've managed to fix the issue, but in case you are still facing the same issue, you may want to palce the CSS code within the style tag within the Custom Code section.  E.g.,

<style>

.example {

overflow: hidden !important;

position: relative !important;

background: #fceee3 url(/assets/img/example.jpg) no-repeat left bottom / cover !important;

min-height: 905px !important;

}

</style>

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Employee Advisor

Hi Hayley,

CSS can sometimes be a little tricky because of its cascading effect. So a change to your CSS from Target might be getting overridden by other CSS on the page sometimes. I've found 2 useful ways to overcome this:

1. Get more specific with your CSS selector. Instead of just using the class (.example) try something like: div.content > div.example.
  2. Try using the "!important" identifier on your CSS statements. It will look like this:

Level 1

Thanks so much for your advice. Unfortunately even if I make the changes in inspector, and copy over the exact specific selector, code and changes over to Target, the changes still don't show in Target - even when I add important.

Employee Advisor

If you want to share the URL I'm happy to try prototyping it to see if there is something else that will work? You can direct message the URL to me if you prefer.

Correct answer by
Employee

Hi hayley1989,

Not sure if you've managed to fix the issue, but in case you are still facing the same issue, you may want to palce the CSS code within the style tag within the Custom Code section.  E.g.,

<style>

.example {

overflow: hidden !important;

position: relative !important;

background: #fceee3 url(/assets/img/example.jpg) no-repeat left bottom / cover !important;

min-height: 905px !important;

}

</style>