Expand my Community achievements bar.

Applications for the 2024 Adobe Target Community Mentorship Program are open! Click to the right to learn more about participating as either an Aspirant, to professionally level up with a new Certification, or as a Mentor, to share your Adobe Target expertise and inspire through your leadership! Submit your application today.
SOLVED

Limit number of times Target Activity is viewed

Level 2

Hi! 

I've created a Target Activity using experience cloud segments (specifically from Analytics) and I would like to know how can I limit the number of times a visitor sees the activity.

This is the segment I've created. Here's the logic: If a visitor sees that page within their visit, them I'll show a specific message to them whenever they return to my home home. But I would like to show the specific message just a certain number of times (for example 5) then, the message should be off for them or they will have to be no longer in the activity. Which is the best way to do it? Taking into consideration that I'm creating segments in Analytics. 

Captura de Pantalla 2021-12-29 a la(s) 17.07.48.png

Thanks a lot for your help

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Hi @renatoz28,

I agree this is likely not possibly with Analytics segments alone. You need a Target profile script to help with counting prior impressions. Here in the other post I walk through how to do this sort of thing. The use case is similar to yours I think.

Solved: Show experience 3 times in one AT activity - Adobe Experience League Community - 435107

Hope this helps.

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Level 3

Hi @renatoz28 - 4-8 hrs delay to reflect the analytics segment data available in Experience Cloud(ie: Adobe Target).

I would suggest you to create profile script to achieve the same. sample code below.

var freq = user.get("Impression") || 0;
freq+=1;
if (freq < 100)
{
return freq;
}

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Hi @renatoz28,

I agree this is likely not possibly with Analytics segments alone. You need a Target profile script to help with counting prior impressions. Here in the other post I walk through how to do this sort of thing. The use case is similar to yours I think.

Solved: Show experience 3 times in one AT activity - Adobe Experience League Community - 435107

Hope this helps.