Expand my Community achievements bar.

Take 10 minutes to complete an Adobe Target review on Gartner Peer Insights, and as a thank you for your time, you’ll have the option to receive a $25 gift card!
SOLVED

Lag in loading Experience Targeted page

Level 2

Would love help on this issue- 

I have created an Experience Target activity that replacing a banner image with a different banner image based off the location the viewer is coming from. The issue I'm running into is that the old image appears right away, and then 2-3 seconds later it switches to the new image. Is there any way to avoid this lag?!

FWIW, there is a lag if the replaced image is a static image or a motion graphic. also have cleared my cache since.

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

My first guess would be that the request to Target is being made too late in the page load process, and therefore parts (or all) of the page content have already been rendered. How is Target implemented? i.e. is it loaded via tag manager or via at.js script in html? if it's tag manager, is the tag manager loaded synchronously or asynchronously? is the tag manager/at.js script loaded in the <head> of the page or <body>?

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

My first guess would be that the request to Target is being made too late in the page load process, and therefore parts (or all) of the page content have already been rendered. How is Target implemented? i.e. is it loaded via tag manager or via at.js script in html? if it's tag manager, is the tag manager loaded synchronously or asynchronously? is the tag manager/at.js script loaded in the <head> of the page or <body>?

Level 1

Hi,

Adobe Tag Manager is used and its loaded at the head. Its in async. Adobe Target is being fired at Library load page top 1. I am facing this 2 3 sec lag where in the website displays the 1st banner and later target kicks in to do the adjustments.