Expand my Community achievements bar.

Applications for the 2024 Adobe Target Community Mentorship Program are open! Click to the right to learn more about participating as either an Aspirant, to professionally level up with a new Certification, or as a Mentor, to share your Adobe Target expertise and inspire through your leadership! Submit your application today.
SOLVED

Increment counter for page views

Level 1

Hi All,

I have to create an activity which displays user different offer based on user's visit to the particular page. For instance,

Page View Count 1 to 3 - Offer 1

Page View Count 4-7 - Offer 2 and so on.

Is there any way to achieve this using profile scripting?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

Hi Lalit,

Yes, We can definitely achieve this using Target profile scripting. Please find below the sample code for same which increments the page view count in the profile itself :

var nameofvar = user.getLocal("nameOfProfile") || 0; if(mbox.name =='target-global-mbox') { if (page.url.indexOf("pageURLorDomain") != -1) { nameofvar = nameofvar + 1; user.setLocal("nameOfProfile", nameofvar); } } return nameofvar;

Thanks & Regards

Parit Mittal

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 10

Hi Lalit,

Yes, We can definitely achieve this using Target profile scripting. Please find below the sample code for same which increments the page view count in the profile itself :

var nameofvar = user.getLocal("nameOfProfile") || 0; if(mbox.name =='target-global-mbox') { if (page.url.indexOf("pageURLorDomain") != -1) { nameofvar = nameofvar + 1; user.setLocal("nameOfProfile", nameofvar); } } return nameofvar;

Thanks & Regards

Parit Mittal

Level 1

Thank You Parit. This is helpful.

Also, I am trying to create a segment in Adobe Analytics using visit number & use that as market cloud audience. I created an experience using the segment as targeted audience. For example: if visit number is between 1 to 3 , user should see the experience. But I am not able to see personalized content. Could you please advise if there is anything that I am doing wrong? Also, the correct way to achieve this? My problem statement is basically to serve different content to user depending upon number of user visit.