Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Exclude OS From Test

Level 4

Hello Forum,

Does anyone know if there is a way to exclude OSs from test entry? The following shows how to include: https://marketing.adobe.com/resources/help/en_US/target/target/c_operating_system.html.

If not this way, wondering if it's possible to do it via Profile Script?

Thanks in advance!

- Brion

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Brion,

If you ever need to exclude something from an existing audience there is a way to do this. Lets say you have a United States audience but you want to exclude all visitors who are on Linux OS. You could accomplish that like this:

1. Create an audience that looks for the specific os you want to exclude save it to the audience library.

2. Edit the activity in question.

3. Click ont he audience and use the "Combine Multiple Audiences" feature to combine the "United States" audience with the "OS = Linux" audience.

4. For the "OS = Linux" audience click on Exclusion > Exclude this audience

Combine audiences:
_1._combine_audiences.png

Exclude audiences:
_2._exclude_audience.png

Hope you like this in depth explanation and that it's answered your question. If not let me know.

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Employee

In the Audience Configuration for OS, you don't get to choose anything beyond the OS itself and you only have 3 options: Windows, Linux, Mac.  If you wanted to exclude one, simply add a rule to include one and then another rule separated by the boolean OR to include the other and the third OS would then be excluded.

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Brion,

If you ever need to exclude something from an existing audience there is a way to do this. Lets say you have a United States audience but you want to exclude all visitors who are on Linux OS. You could accomplish that like this:

1. Create an audience that looks for the specific os you want to exclude save it to the audience library.

2. Edit the activity in question.

3. Click ont he audience and use the "Combine Multiple Audiences" feature to combine the "United States" audience with the "OS = Linux" audience.

4. For the "OS = Linux" audience click on Exclusion > Exclude this audience

Combine audiences:
_1._combine_audiences.png

Exclude audiences:
_2._exclude_audience.png

Hope you like this in depth explanation and that it's answered your question. If not let me know.

Level 4

@Mihnea - Thank you for the in depth explanation!!  I haven't needed to combine audiences in a while and actually forgot that you can do this.

Works like a charm!!!

- Brion