Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Inconsistent Target report metrics between "All qualified visitors (default)" audience segment and the total sum of audience segments in a Target activity.

Level 1

Hi, I got a quick question:

One of my clients is running an XT activity, and they have the following audience segments added to the activity for Targeting:

B2B-approver,

B2B Customer,

adminlite,

B2BAdmin,

B2C

Now the issue is, when you check the Target report metrics (for example, orders, visitor counts etc.), it shows inconsistent data between the "All qualified visitors (default)" and the total sum of audience segments (B2B-approver, B2B Customer, adminlite, B2BAdmin, B2C) that were added to the Target activity.

Please correct me if I am wrong; My understanding is that the "All qualified Visitor" metrics should be more or less equal to the sum of all the audience segments (B2B-approver, B2B Customer, adminlite, B2BAdmin, B2C) metrics that are included in an activity.

For example if you take the "Orders" metric, "All qualified Visitor" order metrics = "B2B-approver" order metrics + "B2B Customer" order metrics + "adminlite" order metrics+ "B2B Admin" order metrics + "B2C" order metrics.

But in my client's case, if you refer to the attached file, the Order value of "All Qualified Visitors" is 5439. The total sum of Order values of all the other audience segments (B2B-approver, B2B Customer, adminlite, B2BAdmin, B2C) is 4142; there is a variance of the order value of 1297.

If "All Qualified Visitor" metrics are counted by adding the metrics of all audience segments that are included in the activity, then aren't these values should be to me more or less equal to each other?

Also, can any other factors (such as bot traffic or QA visitor counts) influence this variance?

picture1.png

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 4

Hi @jpetermarias1 , 

Can you clarify a few things in the question:

1. You mentioned the activity type was XT. In that case how is the "All Visitors" audience setup in the activity?
  2. How is each audience split into Default Content Vs Modified Content since we are talking about XT activity?

I am making my assumptions to the above - All Visitors might be an additional audience added to the activity apart from the other audiences you have mentioned and further split each audience with a traffic split (may be by random number generator) to show default Vs modified content. 

If the above is true, then the "All Visitors" is NOT a combination of all other audiences data, rather it is EXCLUSIVE of all other audience data. Meaning those visitors who don't qualify for any of the other audiences qualify for All Visitors. Hope that explains! 

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Correct answer by
Level 4

Hi @jpetermarias1 , 

Can you clarify a few things in the question:

1. You mentioned the activity type was XT. In that case how is the "All Visitors" audience setup in the activity?
  2. How is each audience split into Default Content Vs Modified Content since we are talking about XT activity?

I am making my assumptions to the above - All Visitors might be an additional audience added to the activity apart from the other audiences you have mentioned and further split each audience with a traffic split (may be by random number generator) to show default Vs modified content. 

If the above is true, then the "All Visitors" is NOT a combination of all other audiences data, rather it is EXCLUSIVE of all other audience data. Meaning those visitors who don't qualify for any of the other audiences qualify for All Visitors. Hope that explains!