Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us for an upcoming in-person Adobe Target Skill Builders event ~~> We're hosting these live learning opportunities to equip you with the knowledge and skills to leverage Target successfully. Learn more to see if we'll be coming to a city near you!
SOLVED

Import the google analytics segments to Adobe Target or Adobe Experience Cloud?

Level 2

Is there any way to import the google analytics segments to Adobe Target or Adobe Experience Cloud, if one does not have Audience Manager license?

My use case is just to import the google analytics segments and use those segments as audience inside Target for targeting.

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

I don't know of any way to import segments from Google Analytics. As far as I know GA segments are a post processed thing. So they aren't available real time as a visitor is browsing. If GA had an API where you could call for a visitor known segments you could pass that into Target via the Data Providers method. But I doubt that API exists.

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

I don't know of any way to import segments from Google Analytics. As far as I know GA segments are a post processed thing. So they aren't available real time as a visitor is browsing. If GA had an API where you could call for a visitor known segments you could pass that into Target via the Data Providers method. But I doubt that API exists.

Level 5

You can achieve this differently.

For you use case you want to show some content based on Google segments.

When create any campaign in Google pass the audience id/name via the campaign parameters. When they landed to your site read those parameters and add it to analytics and use that data in target audiences

Level 1

Hello everyone, I have some questions for you.

How can I import Universal Analytics segments to Adobe Target for an A/B Test? 

And then, How can I see the data in Universal Analytics?

Thank you very much,

Best Regards,

Luca