Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us for an upcoming in-person Adobe Target Skill Builders event ~~> We're hosting these live learning opportunities to equip you with the knowledge and skills to leverage Target successfully. Learn more to see if we'll be coming to a city near you!

how to trigger custom mbox in AEP Webs SDK

Community Advisor

Hi Team,

We have implemented the Target using AEP Websdk. Now as a part of requirement we need to trigger the profile parameter in the custom mbox (in the monitoring campaign) so that we could that profile parameter for audience creation.

When I use trackEvent or get offer I get error :

LordOfTheRings_0-1669813764819.png

I have added the mbox in Launch rule under scope also but it seems not helping:

LordOfTheRings_1-1669813803886.png

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

3 Replies

Community Advisor

Hi Team,

I have used below code to trigger profile param :

alloy("sendEvent", {
data: {
__adobe: {
target: {
"profile.productViewed": "pageName",

}
}
}
});

however, "productViewed" profile parameter is not visible under Visitor Profile section to create the audience.

I created the  profile script also but that is also not working. Any leads on how to access the profile paramters in AEP Web SDK method?

Administrator

Hi @ambikaTewari_ATCI were you able to find a solution to this question? If so please feel free to elaborate further here on the thread, otherwise please feel free to close this thread out and re-post your question in a new thread to generate fresh new eyeballs on the inquiry, or feel free to @ any other Community Members who you think might have helpful insights to further clarify here. Thanks so much for your continued tremendous efforts in the Target Community!! 

Community Advisor

Hi @ambikaTewari_ATCI,

it should look more like this, otherwise you won't see it in the profile. "pageName" is just a placeholder - and can be replaced by a variable accordingly. But decisionScropes will help you here.

alloy("sendEvent", {
  decisionScopes: ["UPDATE_PRODUCT_VIEWED"],
  data: {
    __adobe: {
      target: {
        "profile.productViewed": "pageName",
      }
    }
  }
});

Best regards