Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us for an upcoming in-person Adobe Target Skill Builders event ~~> We're hosting these live learning opportunities to equip you with the knowledge and skills to leverage Target successfully. Learn more to see if we'll be coming to a city near you!
SOLVED

How to target an specific visitor inside the Audience group

Community Advisor

We have done Analytics 4 Target (A4T) integration. We have a segment called "T200 companies" in Analytics and brought that segment to Target as Audience. Now we want to create experience targeting in some AEM pages which will target some companies inside the "T200 companies" audience, not all the companies. How do we achieve this? Target shows the selection of Audience as whole , not a subset of Audience with some attribute. Thanks in advance. 

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Administrator

[5.25.22 Adobe Target Community Q&A Coffee Break Answer provided by @Drburns27 @ANd @bkostak:

----------------------------

From @Drburns27 : Wow, great question!  2 different methods for accomplishing this: you can obviously create the sub-segment within AA and pass that into Target, which may be helpful from a reporting perspective if you are using Analytics as your reporting source for Target.  Another method would be to exclude attributes or refine the AA audience within the Target audience builder on the Target end.  But I think I would go with the first option, given the reporting in Analytics that you would want. 

Check out the entire 5.25.22 Adobe Target Community Q&A Coffee Break for more insights on related topics

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Level 5

Note:
- For analytics based segment qualification happens on ecid/mid/device id level
- CRM Data in Audience manager qualification happens in user id level and pool of ecid/mid/device id is qualified for that segment (also you can share those to 3rd party like Google/Facebook
)

- AEP on the other hand segment qualification happens on 1:1 level (this can be user id/ecid/mid/device id)

Need some more clarifications for the following

1. What do you mean by Analytics "T200 companies"?
- is this just an analytics data point 

In that case you have to capture company names in another data point and select those as part of target Audiences when creating campaign

Community Advisor

Thanks for the reply @abu_shafi . We capture the user visitor's IP and identify the company name (using 3rd party extension in Adobe Launch) in pages. Then we classified the visitors from these companies by using Company Name as T200 in Adobe Analytics in Segment Builder. 

Correct answer by
Administrator

[5.25.22 Adobe Target Community Q&A Coffee Break Answer provided by @Drburns27 @ANd @bkostak:

From @Drburns27 : Wow, great question!  2 different methods for accomplishing this: you can obviously create the sub-segment within AA and pass that into Target, which may be helpful from a reporting perspective if you are using Analytics as your reporting source for Target.  Another method would be to exclude attributes or refine the AA audience within the Target audience builder on the Target end.  But I think I would go with the first option, given the reporting in Analytics that you would want. 

Check out the entire 5.25.22 Adobe Target Community Q&A Coffee Break for more insights on related topics