Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us for an upcoming in-person Adobe Target Skill Builders event ~~> We're hosting these live learning opportunities to equip you with the knowledge and skills to leverage Target successfully. Learn more to see if we'll be coming to a city near you!

How to manage client side implementation when all of our code is server-side rendered

Level 1

Hi All,

I'm currently working on various A/B tests through Adobe Target. Our client uses AEM and Nuxt to build multi-brand pages. The thing is, my team has only access to Adobe Target VEC, so basically I'm facing some issues when trying to conciliate client side code (usually custom code or regular VEC insertions, for example) with static-site and server-side rendered content. Since Adobe Target is being loaded after the process of hidration it is difficult to manage some requirements, specifically when I have to make changes to the logic or so.

So, I'm wondering if any of you has the same issue, if so do u have any advice? I'm struggling a lot with this. Specially, because I'm using a lot of async code.

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Reply

Level 4

Hi @Germedin1 

I've experienced similar challenges in the past..

Given your site is static/server rendered, is your main issue with flicker?
Where you see the original page before the target offer is applied on page load? (given your async code)

Also can you share some more detail on the way you are using Target, is it at.js? 2.x? Offers applied on pageLoad or via triggerView?

Thanks,

Jacob