Expand my Community achievements bar.

Applications for the 2024 Adobe Target Community Mentorship Program are open! Click to the right to learn more about participating as either an Aspirant, to professionally level up with a new Certification, or as a Mentor, to share your Adobe Target expertise and inspire through your leadership! Submit your application today.
SOLVED

How to find count/names of active running profile scripts in Adobe Target?

Community Advisor

Hi Team,

Is there anyway that we can verify how many active profile scripts are running in AT?

Thank You In Advance

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 4

There is no API to get you this but the data is available.  Don't use the Audience suggestion as that limits to user. scripts set up in Target and won't include the ones passed from Customer Attributes or client-side. 

Best to go to the Response token to see the entire list.  You can turn on a placebo activity and then activate all the response tokesn to see their values on the mbox response to that placebo Activity.  Cool stuff.  

Cheers!

Brian_Hawkins_MiaProva_0-1644987102676.png

View solution in original post

8 Replies

Community Advisor

Hi @Umamaheswari_Yakkala 

Yes, If you log in to target UI interface, on top menu navigation click on Audiences tab 

Once you're in that on the left hand side you can able to see Profile Scripts tab, click on it. 

You can see all Profile Scripts created under your organization account and the total count on top and also status for each script either Live or Inactive. 

If you hover on any script and click on info icon that gives you info about the script and in which target activities the script currently running on. 

Hope this helps

Community Advisor

Yes , that is right but I am looking for more in automated fashion kind of report . This is going to be manual and it will take time to go one by one.

THank You

Community Advisor

Hi @Umamaheswari_Yakkala 

What's the use case to know that way? 

I just thought of to see if Target API's have this functionalities but not seeing anything for Profile Scripts however you can know the list of profile parameters in automate way. 

Community Advisor

Its just for cleaner instance we are planning to find out active and inactive profile scripts to avoid further problems with profile scripts.

Me also not able to find any API around that. 

Yes trying few options one with profile parameter and trying ti see if I can get info from list of audiences as well.  

Thank You

Community Advisor

Hi @Umamaheswari_Yakkala 

Ahh ok. Let me know if you get any luck with audience list and you make it around with script. 

By the way, in your question nothing mentioned about automation so I replied with UI interface. 

Community Advisor

Hi @Umamaheswari_Yakkala

I would actually also be interested to know if this is possible via the API. Because my knowledge is that Profile Scripts are not accessible via the API. So no automation can take place here. But I'm happy to be taught better.

But yes it makes total sense to keep the profile scripts clean. So far I know only the manual way.

There are APIs for Target Profiles but they are as follows:

- Profile Fetch API - this returns a list of Profile Attributes and their Values for only a unique visitor.  This will not returns a list of all Profiles Attributes and potential values because there can be many Attributes that are not mapped to that visitor ID used in the API.

- Profile Update API - this updates Profiles Attributes either for a unique visitor or many visitors (via batch files).

Profiles can be set up client-side or server-side.  Server-side profiles are in the Audience section.  The Response Token section has a list of the attributes (but not values) of client-side and server-side.  

Correct answer by
Level 4

There is no API to get you this but the data is available.  Don't use the Audience suggestion as that limits to user. scripts set up in Target and won't include the ones passed from Customer Attributes or client-side. 

Best to go to the Response token to see the entire list.  You can turn on a placebo activity and then activate all the response tokesn to see their values on the mbox response to that placebo Activity.  Cool stuff.  

Cheers!

Brian_Hawkins_MiaProva_0-1644987102676.png