Expand my Community achievements bar.

How to determine new vs returning visitors when using on-device decisioning.

Level 4

We are setting up a new deployment of Target, as part of that we will be relying on on-device decisioning.
Per the audience targeting section here, visitor profiles is not a supported feature with on-device decisioning.

In that use case, how would one build logic to identify new vs returning users for the purpose of audience selection?

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

3 Replies

Employee

Hi! 

Seems that the document provided has been moved, can you please update the link?

Level 4

You are an Adobe employee and you are asking a non-employee to update a link to content that Adobe 404'd and did not properly redirect? Not to sound too harsh but this is insane.

Employee

Hi ! Thanks for your feedback and my apologies, I dug in a bit deeper and see that the link has been updated here: https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/target-dev/developer/client-side/at-js-implementation/on-dev...

I see there are diagrams on how to capture new visitors, Unfortunately, I do not have access to the previous link so I am not sure if this information was already in the previous document.