Expand my Community achievements bar.

Applications for the 2024 Adobe Target Community Mentorship Program are open! Click to the right to learn more about participating as either an Aspirant, to professionally level up with a new Certification, or as a Mentor, to share your Adobe Target expertise and inspire through your leadership! Submit your application today.
SOLVED

How to debug Profile Scripts

Level 2

Hello!

How do you go about debugging profile scripts?

I assume a normal console.log doesn't work since its server side?

Thanks!

Gyles

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Hi Gyles,

You are correct console.log isn't helpful because they run server side. There are two methods that I use to debug them.

1. Add them as response tokens. This is easy to do: target > setup > response tokens enable the profile you want to debug. Now any time you load a page for your site with Target on it part of the response from Target will contain your value for the given profile script.

1353321_pastedImage_0.png

2. The other option is to use the mboxTrace debugging tool. This requires the an authorization token found here: target > setup > implemenation > authorization. Then you add these 2 parameters to your page url after the "?" mboxTrace=window&authorization=YOURTOKEN.

This is a little more informative than the response token because you get a before executed snapshot and an after snapshot of your profile. It will also show all the profiles availalbe for your profile.

1353322_pastedImage_1.png

View solution in original post

6 Replies

Level 3

I have same question.

Please do share if you were able to figure out.

Regards

Yogita

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Hi Gyles,

You are correct console.log isn't helpful because they run server side. There are two methods that I use to debug them.

1. Add them as response tokens. This is easy to do: target > setup > response tokens enable the profile you want to debug. Now any time you load a page for your site with Target on it part of the response from Target will contain your value for the given profile script.

1353321_pastedImage_0.png

2. The other option is to use the mboxTrace debugging tool. This requires the an authorization token found here: target > setup > implemenation > authorization. Then you add these 2 parameters to your page url after the "?" mboxTrace=window&authorization=YOURTOKEN.

This is a little more informative than the response token because you get a before executed snapshot and an after snapshot of your profile. It will also show all the profiles availalbe for your profile.

1353322_pastedImage_1.png

Level 3

ryanr8

This was very helpful .. Specially the second method ..

Thanks a lot for sharing it with us.

Level 2

Hi Yogita,

Hope you doing well!.

Are you writing profile scripts these days.

Regards

Harpreet Singh (ex-colleague)

Level 3

Yes, is there anything specific you would like to enquire about?

Level 2

Nothing specific - So what all scenarios you have created profile scripts