Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us for an upcoming in-person Adobe Target Skill Builders event ~~> We're hosting these live learning opportunities to equip you with the knowledge and skills to leverage Target successfully. Learn more to see if we'll be coming to a city near you!
SOLVED

how Recommendation algorithm works.

Level 2

I am new to Adobe Target Recommendations. I have created two recommendations on the home page based on the "most viewed items across the site" and "most selling item across the site" algorithms and they are working as expected but my question is how Target knows they the are most viewed products and most selling products across site. how does Target know the purchase history? 

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

HI @shoeb131  The answer is Criteria 

Criteria in Adobe Target Recommendations are rules that determine which products or content to recommend based on a predetermined set of visitor behaviours. 

Please have a read here - How Do I Use Criteria in Target Recommendations? | Adobe Target

In case any questions - please feel free to reply. 

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

HI @shoeb131  The answer is Criteria 

Criteria in Adobe Target Recommendations are rules that determine which products or content to recommend based on a predetermined set of visitor behaviours. 

Please have a read here - How Do I Use Criteria in Target Recommendations? | Adobe Target

In case any questions - please feel free to reply. 

Level 2

I just want to know how Target knows the purchase history of any products Do we need to pass anything or does it take from analytics or do we need to set up an Order Confirmation mbox?