Expand my Community achievements bar.

Applications for the 2024 Adobe Target Community Mentorship Program are open! Click to the right to learn more about participating as either an Aspirant, to professionally level up with a new Certification, or as a Mentor, to share your Adobe Target expertise and inspire through your leadership! Submit your application today.
SOLVED

How can I remove/hide adobe_mc_sdid=XYZ in redirected url?

Employee Advisor

When we use redirect to URL option in VEC to create redirect test from page XYZ to ABC we can see 'adobe_mc_sdid=' gets appended to page URL (ABC.com?adobe_mc_sdid=......) after page gets redirected from XYZ to ABC. Is there any way to remove or hide 'adobe_mc_sdid=' which gets appended automatically after redirection?

Thanks,

Gauresh kodag.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee

Hey gaureshk30144236​,

The parameter being added in the redirect is expected behavior.

What the  'adobe_mc_sdid' parameter does:

"The 'adobe_mc_sdid' parameter passes the Supplemental Data Id (SDID) and Experience Cloud Org Id from the default page to the new page in order for A4T to "stitch" together the Target request on the default page with the Analytic request on the new page" (see Redirect offers - A4T FAQ).

Not using A4T and thinking of removing this parameter?

"If you are not using A4T with your redirect activity, you have the Visitor Id service implemented, and you don't want these parameters to be automatically added to your URLs, you must use a custom-coded redirect.

However, as best practice, you might want to keep the adobe_mc_ref parameter in the URL in order to report the referrer information to Analytics correctly."

View solution in original post

6 Replies

Correct answer by
Employee

Hey gaureshk30144236​,

The parameter being added in the redirect is expected behavior.

What the  'adobe_mc_sdid' parameter does:

"The 'adobe_mc_sdid' parameter passes the Supplemental Data Id (SDID) and Experience Cloud Org Id from the default page to the new page in order for A4T to "stitch" together the Target request on the default page with the Analytic request on the new page" (see Redirect offers - A4T FAQ).

Not using A4T and thinking of removing this parameter?

"If you are not using A4T with your redirect activity, you have the Visitor Id service implemented, and you don't want these parameters to be automatically added to your URLs, you must use a custom-coded redirect.

However, as best practice, you might want to keep the adobe_mc_ref parameter in the URL in order to report the referrer information to Analytics correctly."

Employee Advisor

Hi surbee,

Thanks for help. 

Currently we are not using analytics for reporting so is it ideal to hide it from user?

Thanks,

Gauresh kodag.

Employee Advisor

I'd say that is up to you. If you dislike it being there and you're not using A4T on that activity then it's harmless to remove with surebee's approach.

Level 1

Our org is running into the same issue.  How would you do this manually?  More specifically, how would you run a redirect through custom code?

Thanks!

Employee Advisor

I guess custom code is the only option here to avoid this.

<script>

window.location.href='www.xyz.com'

OR

window.location.replace('www.xyz.com');

</script>

Community Advisor

Unfortunately, the adobe_mc_sdid parameter also bothers me with a customer. With an HTML Offer I have to use something like this to avoid flickering and to set the browser history correctly.

<style>body {display: none;}</style>
<script>window.location.replace("www.xyz.com");</script>

However, this method is slower than a Redirect Offer. For this reason it would be better if this could be set directly in the Redirect Offer.