Expand my Community achievements bar.

Applications for the 2024 Adobe Target Community Mentorship Program are open! Click to the right to learn more about participating as either an Aspirant, to professionally level up with a new Certification, or as a Mentor, to share your Adobe Target expertise and inspire through your leadership! Submit your application today.
SOLVED

Getting error when trying to create profiles using Bulk Profile Update API v2 in Sandbox environment

Level 1

Hi guys,

We are trying to create some test profiles in our sandbox environment, and in order to do that we are executing the following command for calling the Batch Update profile API v2 (according to Adobe Target docs, that should be possible with v2 of the API):

curl  --request POST --header 'Authorization: Bearer <ACCESS_TOKEN>' \
      --data-binary '@BATCH.txt' \
      'http://OUR_CLIENT_ID.tt.omtrdc.net/m2/OUR_CLIENT_ID/v2/profile/batchUpdate'

The contents of the BATCH.txt file are like this:

batch=thirdPartyId,param1,param2,param3

1,TestValue11,TestValue12,TestValue13

2,TestValue21,TestValue22,TestValue23

3,TestValue31,TestValue32,TestValue33

And we are getting this error:

<response>
    <success>false</success>
    <visitorId></visitorId>
    <message>Batch is empty</message>
</response>

We’ve also tried with a file like this (using pcId instead of thirdPartyId)

batch=pcId,param1,param2,param3

1,TestValue11,TestValue12,TestValue13

2,TestValue21,TestValue22,TestValue23

3,TestValue31,TestValue32,TestValue33

And we get the same error as above. So, we want to understand what this error means, maybe we are missing something, so does any of you guys have an idea of why this is happening?

Thanks!

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Problem resolved.

View solution in original post

7 Replies

Level 1

Hi @annieactioniq

We are seeing the same thing when using postman to achieve a bulk upload, seems like it doesn't matter whether the file is attached or not, I get the same result even when attaching an image to the request.

Unfortunately we have not come up with a solution but I will be up voting this one considering there is no explanation or direction in regards to what to do once receiving this error. 

Hopefully we get a response.

Thanks,

joss

Community Advisor

I am also facing the same problem. 

Could you please let me know the solution if the problem is resolved.

Thank You

Hi @Umamaheswari_Yakkala how you fixed it?

I'm facing exactly the same issue here, and Postman or Unix cURL commands are firing the "Batch is empty" response.

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Problem resolved.

Community Advisor

Hi @Umamaheswari_Yakkala can you advise how were you able to solve this ? I am also getting the same error

Administrator

Hi @Umamaheswari_Yakkala thank you for posting your question and confirming resolution of the issue you were facing! If you have a moment please do share how you were able to resolve the problem - your Target Community peers would like to know Thank you again for your contributions and hope you're having a great day!

Warmly,

Amelia

Administrator

Hi @Umamaheswari_Yakkala, hope you're doing well  Were you able to resolve this issue? If so, please let us and your Target Community peers know by sharing which steps you took here! 

Warmly,

Amelia, your Adobe Target Community Manager