Expand my Community achievements bar.

Applications for the 2024 Adobe Target Community Mentorship Program are open! Click to the right to learn more about participating as either an Aspirant, to professionally level up with a new Certification, or as a Mentor, to share your Adobe Target expertise and inspire through your leadership! Submit your application today.
SOLVED

Geo Targeting without setting cookie

Level 2

Hi everyone,

I hope someone can help me with this question. 

How can I achieve the following: 

User - Geo Location => Austria 
User - Referrer => Search Engine 

If this user accesses a German Website from a Search Engine I would like to redirect the user to the Austrian website. 
My problem is the that once a user is targeted he stays within this audience. 
The problem I have is I don´t want to redirect this user if he comes to the German page directly or from another website. 

I see two options I´m seeking the actual solution for:
1. Can i get the geo location back from Adobe with my initial MBox Call? 
2. Is there a possibility to target someone with a dedicated audience without adding him to this audience afterwards?

Thank you very much in advance

Simon

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

Hi Simon , 

Plugin's are only available for Adobe Target Classic However As per your use-case , you can use "Profile Scripts" in target standard to save geo data & then output in an offer  Please see the following link for more information on using Profile Scripts.

https://marketing.adobe.com/resources/help/en_US/target/target/c_profile_parameters.html

https://marketing.adobe.com/resources/help/en_US/target/target/c_script_profile_attributes.html

Also, Please find below Profile Script code for your use case 

var a=user.get('geotargeting_searchengine');//  To Target from Adobe with my initial MBox Call i.e. For a user when "geotargeting_searchengine" is not set

if (a!=null){ //  To Target from Adobe with my initial MBox Call i.e. For a user when "geotargeting_searchengine" is not set
if( user.profile.geolocation.country=='germany' && referrer.domain=='google.com')
{
return "Redirect-Austrian-Website"

else
{
return "NoRedirect"
}
}

Then you can create an audience like below and use the same for an Activity :

Thanks & Regards

Parit Mittal

View solution in original post

7 Replies

Level 10

Hi Simon , 

Thanks for reaching out to Adobe Target community. Please find below my comments inline to your queries.

1. Can i get the geo location back from Adobe with my initial MBox Call? 

Yes , as a plugin . Hence you will be able to expose any customer profile information to the page . Please see the following link for more details about plugins 

https://marketing.adobe.com/resources/help/en_US/tnt/help/t_Using_Plug-Ins.html

2. Is there a possibility to target someone with a dedicated audience without adding him to this audience afterwards?

Not Sure I fully understood the question . can you please elaborate ?

Level 2

Hi Mittal,

thank you very much for your answer. 

I´m using Target Standard and the help section is about Target Classic can I still use Plugins? 
The described procedure is not part of my User-Interface (I´m Admin). 

Best

Simon

Correct answer by
Level 10

Hi Simon , 

Plugin's are only available for Adobe Target Classic However As per your use-case , you can use "Profile Scripts" in target standard to save geo data & then output in an offer  Please see the following link for more information on using Profile Scripts.

https://marketing.adobe.com/resources/help/en_US/target/target/c_profile_parameters.html

https://marketing.adobe.com/resources/help/en_US/target/target/c_script_profile_attributes.html

Also, Please find below Profile Script code for your use case 

var a=user.get('geotargeting_searchengine');//  To Target from Adobe with my initial MBox Call i.e. For a user when "geotargeting_searchengine" is not set

if (a!=null){ //  To Target from Adobe with my initial MBox Call i.e. For a user when "geotargeting_searchengine" is not set
if( user.profile.geolocation.country=='germany' && referrer.domain=='google.com')
{
return "Redirect-Austrian-Website"

else
{
return "NoRedirect"
}
}

Then you can create an audience like below and use the same for an Activity :

Thanks & Regards

Parit Mittal

Level 10

Hi Simon ,

Is your query resolved ?. if not, please do let us know so that we can further help to resolve your query.

Thanks & Regards

Parit Mittal

Level 1

I have a similar requirement but i have many countries to target and display the message accordingly. How do i get the values(country from where the user is coming)from the profile script in the offer so as to redirect the user to the correct country? Kindly let me know if you have an example for the same ? Can i use A/B test for this scenario or experience targeting ?

Level 10

Hi Alok,

For the use case described by you, Instead of creating the Profile Scripts  you can directly create audiences based on the Vistors geographical location, including their country, state/province, city, zip/postal code, DMA, or mobile carrier.

Please see the following link for more information on the same : https://marketing.adobe.com/resources/help/en_US/target/target/c_geo.html

then , You can create Experience Targeting Activity to map each experience with a particular audience.

Thanks & Regards

Parit Mittal

Level 1

Hi Parit,

Currently i'm creating a single profile script for different countries(with if else condition) and using that in an audience. Right now i have created an A/B test with multiple audiences say Experience B will have audiences namely Germany,Australia,USA etc, so that if the condition in the audience is satisfied that particular offer is shown. Is this correct ? Also how do you QA this, say user is coming from google to my site ? Preview URL's does show that particular offer, but i'm not sure how it will be once i activate the activity.

Thanks & Regards

Aloak