Expand my Community achievements bar.

Applications for the 2024 Adobe Target Community Mentorship Program are open! Click to the right to learn more about participating as either an Aspirant, to professionally level up with a new Certification, or as a Mentor, to share your Adobe Target expertise and inspire through your leadership! Submit your application today.
SOLVED

Downloading Recommendations reports.

Level 1

Hello,

Could someone please tell me whether it's possible to download algorithm results in bulk? I need to change some settings, and I've learned that doing so erases my algorithm's history, so I have no visibility into past reporting data. However, not only can I not view the detailed results of all algorithms at once, I can only get a full picture of traffic for my A/B tests by clicking back and forth between the dashboard and the Results screen for the individual algorithm. I'm dying to know if there's an easier way to download and preserve our algorithm metrics prior to making changes. Otherwise, I'll be manually typing all of it in to a spreadsheet, which is totally inefficient.

Thanks in advance for any help!

Lauren

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 8

Hi Lauren,

I've checked on this and this request is a very specific request on reporting(w.r.t. the scenario you described earlier). There are no API's present currently that will help achieve this result. I'll request you to reach out to the client care team for help on this request (as this may require help from the engineering team).

Thanks
Nikhil

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Level 1

Thanks for your response, Nikhil,

However, I have a difficult time believing it's not possible to view results in a table, or at least view complete results in a format akin to Adobe's traffic, search, sales and other reports. I saw mention of complete reporting being available in Target in the "Notes" section on this page: https://marketing.adobe.com/resources/help/en_US/rec/t_Viewing_Complete_Recommendation_Results.html. We do not yet have Target implemented on our sites - once we do, will we be able to extract this information as explained here?

Thanks,

Lauren

Level 8

Hi Lauren,

I am looking into this query and will revert soon. In the meanwhile wanted to check if you've referred to the developer connection site for API's that help achieve what you're looking for?

Thanks

Nikhil

Level 8

Hi Lauren,

The page mentioned talks about the Standard procedure to view reports for a recommendation. The use case you described earlier is different and contains a very specific scenario. This is the reason why I requested you to reach out to the client care team .

Thanks

Nikhil

Level 1

HI Nikhil,

What we're trying to download are the visit and click metrics - that is, AOV, RPV, etc., for our A/B test algorithms. We have two set up for each of our 14 websites - one on the cart page, and one on the product detail page. The only way we can access performance metrics is by clicking into each recommendation for Results. Unfortunately, if you make a change to an existing recommendation, it erases the historical result data, and any reports we try to run in the results show as "Not Available." I want to make a change to these algorithms without erasing the history, I thought I could get around this issue by pausing a recommendation and launching a new one with new settings - however, I did that last month, and when I look back at the results of my paused algorithm, it doesn't have click metrics available to view. So now I feel very stuck - I don't have the time to go in and type every piece of data for every available month of reporting, for each of the 28 recommendations I have running. That's just insane. It does not look like the API achieves the goal of downloading results - am I correct in my assumption?

Thanks,

Lauren

Correct answer by
Level 8

Hi Lauren,

I've checked on this and this request is a very specific request on reporting(w.r.t. the scenario you described earlier). There are no API's present currently that will help achieve this result. I'll request you to reach out to the client care team for help on this request (as this may require help from the engineering team).

Thanks
Nikhil