Expand my Community achievements bar.

Applications for the 2024 Adobe Target Community Mentorship Program are open! Click to the right to learn more about participating as either an Aspirant, to professionally level up with a new Certification, or as a Mentor, to share your Adobe Target expertise and inspire through your leadership! Submit your application today.
SOLVED

Differences between VEC and Enhanced Composer

Level 2

Could someone please explain the difference between VEC and Enhanced Composer?

Our site uses WURFL device detection and mobile viewports are not working with Target.

Sometimes we manage to get into mobile view by switching to Enhanced Composer and it stays in mobile view until Enhanced Composer is switched off (even when changing viewport to desktop again).

Any other solutions or workarounds than moving from adaptive to responsive?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Administrator

Hi Raul, check out this resource on Mobile Viewports - hope this is helpful!

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Administrator

Hi there and thanks for your question! You might find this chart helpful:

Choosing between the Visual and Enhanced Experience Composers

The table below shows which experience composer option best supports frequently encountered issues.

Issue

Visual Experience Composer Support

Enhanced Experience Composer Support

Mixed ContentMixed content can be enabled for the current session.Supported.
JavaScript-based iframe BustingNot supported.Supports most iframe-busting techniques.
X-Frame-OptionsUse browser add-ons, such as Requestly on Chrome, to bypass x-frame-options.Supported.
Cross Origin IssuesSupported.Not supported.
Authentication WorkflowSupported. If authentication works in an iFrame, it will work in the Visual Experience Composer.Depends on implementation.
IP BlacklistingSupported.Proxy server IP addresses must be whitelisted.

You can read more on this page on Experiences in the Adobe Target Help Documentation. Feel free to reach out here if you need more information!

Level 2

Unfortunately this does not answer my question. I would like to figure out, why mobile viewports occasionally work with EEC, but not with VEC?

Correct answer by
Administrator

Hi Raul, check out this resource on Mobile Viewports - hope this is helpful!