Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Criteria - Most Viewed vs Most Popular

Level 3

Hi all - is there a technical, algorithm generated difference for Criteria that states Most Viewed vs Most Popular when the Recommendation Key is set to "Most Viewed?"

Preparing a presentation and noticed the different terms. Want to be prepared with an answer, if there is a reason why both terms are used to define the criteria.

MostViewedvsMostPopular.PNG

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

You are correct, they both use the same recommendations logic. I'm guessing just a variation in name. Name is a free form field just meant to provide an idea of the criteria's purpose. Sometimes we have very similar criteria but variations in name to suit different types of organization (e.g., articles for media orgs, products for retail orgs). Checking the details is a good practise as it gives the most clear undrestanding of what Recommendations will be doing to generate results.

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

You are correct, they both use the same recommendations logic. I'm guessing just a variation in name. Name is a free form field just meant to provide an idea of the criteria's purpose. Sometimes we have very similar criteria but variations in name to suit different types of organization (e.g., articles for media orgs, products for retail orgs). Checking the details is a good practise as it gives the most clear undrestanding of what Recommendations will be doing to generate results.