Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Create Custom Audience on Adobe Target

Level 2

Hi Everyone,

I want to create an audience on Adobe target for users who have completed a particular CTA on my website in the past 60 days.

Please let me know what attributes/event can be used for this. When a user clicks on the CTA, a dialogue box is popped up while the URL in the background remains the same. Also, is it possible to change the duration for which a user will be part of this audience list?

Thanks & Regards,

Abhishek Kukreja

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

@Abhikeabhi If you use Adobe Analytics and track clicks on this CTA, you can create a segment, share it with Adobe Target and then use it in your activity.

If you want to do it in Adobe Target, here are the steps:

Step 1: Pass click-event to Adobe Target - use trackEvent() to inform Adobe Target that the CTA has been clicked. You may pass a specific mbox-name or an mbox-paramater

Step 2: Create a recency profile attribute - create a profile script to capture the time when the CTA was clicked and use this time to calculate number of days since the CTA was last clicked.

Step 3: Use this profile attribute in your activity - use the condition "greater than 60"

Check that Profile Lifetime setting under Administration section is more than 60 days. By default it 14 days. You may contact Adobe Client-care team to get this value changed.

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

@Abhikeabhi If you use Adobe Analytics and track clicks on this CTA, you can create a segment, share it with Adobe Target and then use it in your activity.

If you want to do it in Adobe Target, here are the steps:

Step 1: Pass click-event to Adobe Target - use trackEvent() to inform Adobe Target that the CTA has been clicked. You may pass a specific mbox-name or an mbox-paramater

Step 2: Create a recency profile attribute - create a profile script to capture the time when the CTA was clicked and use this time to calculate number of days since the CTA was last clicked.

Step 3: Use this profile attribute in your activity - use the condition "greater than 60"

Check that Profile Lifetime setting under Administration section is more than 60 days. By default it 14 days. You may contact Adobe Client-care team to get this value changed.

Community Advisor

Somehow I am not able to add code in the replies:

Code for Step 1:

adobe.target.trackEvent({
"mbox": "clicked-cta",
"params": {
"param1": "value1"
}
});

Community Advisor

Code for Step 2: 

// 86400000 milliseconds in a day

if (mbox.name === 'clicked-cta'){
user.setLocal('lastClickTime', new Date().getTime());
}
var lastClickTime = user.getLocal('lastClickTime');
if (lastClickTime) {
return ((new Date()).getTime()-lastClickTime)/86400000;
}

Level 2

Thankyou so much @Rajneesh_Gautam_ for your detailed response. Appreciate your help. I will check if the below steps works. Will keep you posted.