Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us for an upcoming in-person Adobe Target Skill Builders event ~~> We're hosting these live learning opportunities to equip you with the knowledge and skills to leverage Target successfully. Learn more to see if we'll be coming to a city near you!
SOLVED

Content Duplication - Insert After

Level 1

Hi everyone,

I'm having a problem with an ab test.

After implementing the content via the "insert after" option and sending my activity live, in some cases the content appears duplicated.

This can be resolved by deleting cookies.  The <div> tags that target adds have different action_content ids for individual ab test versions.

How can I solve the problem?

Thank you

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

It's a bit difficult to diagnose without seeing the activity setup & the implementation; however, two possible causes that I can think of: 
i) When you make the modification in the Visual Editor, change the selector so that it targets the element ID (rather than the selector that Target automatically generates for you)
ii) Check the implementation, it sounds possible that more than 1 request is being made to Target

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

It's a bit difficult to diagnose without seeing the activity setup & the implementation; however, two possible causes that I can think of: 
i) When you make the modification in the Visual Editor, change the selector so that it targets the element ID (rather than the selector that Target automatically generates for you)
ii) Check the implementation, it sounds possible that more than 1 request is being made to Target

Community Advisor

Agree with @alexbishop here. Most probably you are trigerring the mbox or delivery call twice.

Has happened with one of our setup once.