Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Category Affinity across more than one attribute

Level 2

Is it possible to utilize the category affinity algorithm across more than one attribute? Currently I have category affinity configured to retrieve the page category name (e.g. - scarves, t-shirts, bedsheets, coats). However, I'd like to know if there is a way that I can be a bit more granular with my categories. In addition to my page category I'd also like the algorithm to consider the product material (e.g. - linen, silk, cotton) as well. In other words, how can I utilize category affinity across both page category, and product material? Is it possible to establish multiple instances algorithms to score different attributes?

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 2

For granularity, you can add a 2nd dimension to the category like so:

scarves:silk

scarves:cotton

t-shirts:cotton

t-shirt:linen

etc...

Now, when the user navigates your site, the category affinity array could look like this:

[scarves:cotton, t-shirts:cotton, t-shirts:linen, t-shirts:silk, bedsheets:cotton]

With this, you can see the visitor has an affinity for t-shirts, and also affinity for cotton products.

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Level 4
I'm curious to see the responses to this question. I'm thinking that should you need a "multi-faceted" category affinity, you'll probably be recommended to get Adobe Target Premium and use the Recommendations functionality there. Subscribed!

Correct answer by
Level 2

For granularity, you can add a 2nd dimension to the category like so:

scarves:silk

scarves:cotton

t-shirts:cotton

t-shirt:linen

etc...

Now, when the user navigates your site, the category affinity array could look like this:

[scarves:cotton, t-shirts:cotton, t-shirts:linen, t-shirts:silk, bedsheets:cotton]

With this, you can see the visitor has an affinity for t-shirts, and also affinity for cotton products.