Expand my Community achievements bar.

Applications for the 2024 Adobe Target Community Mentorship Program are open! Click to the right to learn more about participating as either an Aspirant, to professionally level up with a new Certification, or as a Mentor, to share your Adobe Target expertise and inspire through your leadership! Submit your application today.
SOLVED

Can i get category affinity values in Experiences through code?

Level 2

Hi,

I am facing a hard time getting first category, second category etc. values inside experiences through custom code within Adobe target. I can use user.categoryAffinity to get the value in it. But, is there any way to get first category, second category etc values as well by doing something similar ?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Nitish

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Hi @lambanitish 

You can use profile script to fetch category affinity array using "user.categoryAffinities" and then consider first element of array as first favorite category, second as a second and so on. 

once you store category affinity array in profile script, fetch it into your code using "${user.profilescriptname}".(double/single quotes are mandatory while fetching profile script value)

Hope this helps.

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Hi @lambanitish 

You can use profile script to fetch category affinity array using "user.categoryAffinities" and then consider first element of array as first favorite category, second as a second and so on. 

once you store category affinity array in profile script, fetch it into your code using "${user.profilescriptname}".(double/single quotes are mandatory while fetching profile script value)

Hope this helps.

Level 2

thank you, @Gaureshk_Kodag 

I was looking for something direct out of the box like user.firstCategory but this will do.

Regards,

Nitish

Level 3

How do I tell our developer which fields to use as the category @Gaureshk_Kodag?

Say our data layer has two fields:

1. sections: ['World']
  2. subject: ['NATO''NATO Summit''Politics of Sweden''International agreements''International relations''Politics of Turkey']

When I tell him to pass category as mbox parameter user.categoryId in global mbox on the product page, how does he only populate the affinities with the sections and subject values?

Thanks

Employee Advisor

You could ask your developer to pass the values in a comma separate format.

for example, user.categoryId=world, NATONATO SummitPolitics of SwedenInternational agreementsInternational relationsPolitics of Turkey