Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us for an upcoming in-person Adobe Target Skill Builders event ~~> We're hosting these live learning opportunities to equip you with the knowledge and skills to leverage Target successfully. Learn more to see if we'll be coming to a city near you!
SOLVED

Call to target global mbox is not returning the expected response

Level 2

We have integrated Adobe target with AEM. We have configured a recommendation activity for a particular page. As expected, the mbox call is requested on every page load, but the weird part is the call is returning inconsistent response. 

Note: No changes were made to the activity in the last 4 months and this issue is being encountered only in the recent days. Also, the response below might not be in the right format as I have removed some confidential attributes.

for eg: This is the request that goes from our end to target:

https://dayintegrationintern.tt.omtrdc.net/m2/organizationid/mbox/json?mbox=target-global-mbox&mboxSession=sessionvalue&mboxPC=&mboxPage=mboxpage&mboxRid=mboxrid&mboxVersion=1.5.0&mboxCount=1&mboxTime=1711017185672&mboxHost=hostID&mboxURL=URLof the configuredpage

Expected response(which is returned some times) : 

{"sessionId":"ID","tntId":"tntID.35_0","offers":[{"responseTokens":{"offer.name":"Offername-102248-73477-1701079019114","experience.id":"1","activity.name":" Recommendation US Live","profile.activeActivities":"1031863","geo.city":"city","geo.state":"state","activity.id":"1031863","experience.name":"name","geo.zip":"zip","profile.searchqueryterm":"queryterm","offer.id":"1512613","geo.country":"ctry"},"actions":[{"action":"insertBefore","selector":"#cmp-searchresults__holder","content":"<style>\n}]}]}

Actual Response (which is returned the rest of the times):

{"sessionId":"ID","tntId":"tntID.35_0","offers":[{"responseTokens":{"offer.name":"Offername-102248-73477-1701079019114","experience.id":"1","activity.name":" Recommendation US Live","profile.activeActivities":"1031863","geo.city":"city","geo.state":"state","activity.id":"1031863","experience.name":"name","geo.zip":"zip","profile.searchqueryterm":"queryterm","offer.id":"1512613","geo.country":"ctry"},} 

Please note that the action part of the expected response where the recommendation design is injected is missing. This is why the recommendations are not displayed. But, As I am not sure why this inconsistency is observed, I am seeking for solutions.

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

I'd suggest raising this with Customer Care if you haven't done already, as it's likely something that will need to be troubleshooted by looking at the full request/response, as well as the setup within Target

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

I'd suggest raising this with Customer Care if you haven't done already, as it's likely something that will need to be troubleshooted by looking at the full request/response, as well as the setup within Target

Level 2

Hi @Sahana_S 

We are also trying to integration form based AT activity in AEM, but not sure how to do that. Currently we have created a AT target and not sure about next step in integrating it in AEM. Could you please let us know how you integrated?