Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Best way to test a "download app" webpage

Level 2

Just wondering if there's another way that someone had tried to test when visitors click the "google play store" and "apple app store" on their website other than using clicked an element in target? 

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Hi @Maple-Michelle1

I think the "clicked an element" method is probably the easiest one to use. However, there are other ways. You could use a custom code modification in the VEC (or via a form composed test) to add a small JS that inserts an onclick action on the button/link to fire an adobe.target.trackEvent(). This allows you to create a custom mbox name and then in the goals settings you pick conversion > viewed an mbox. Then select the custom mbox name in the trackEvent(). This also allows you to add custom parameter to the request if you want to further qualify the conversion in some way. Something like this would do:

document.querySelector('#playStoreButton').addEventListener('click', function(event) {
    adobe.target.trackEvent({mbox:'clickCapture', params:{'param1':'value1'}});
  })

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Hi @Maple-Michelle1

I think the "clicked an element" method is probably the easiest one to use. However, there are other ways. You could use a custom code modification in the VEC (or via a form composed test) to add a small JS that inserts an onclick action on the button/link to fire an adobe.target.trackEvent(). This allows you to create a custom mbox name and then in the goals settings you pick conversion > viewed an mbox. Then select the custom mbox name in the trackEvent(). This also allows you to add custom parameter to the request if you want to further qualify the conversion in some way. Something like this would do:

document.querySelector('#playStoreButton').addEventListener('click', function(event) {
    adobe.target.trackEvent({mbox:'clickCapture', params:{'param1':'value1'}});
  })