Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us for an upcoming in-person Adobe Target Skill Builders event ~~> We're hosting these live learning opportunities to equip you with the knowledge and skills to leverage Target successfully. Learn more to see if we'll be coming to a city near you!
SOLVED

Background Image with Multivariate Testing

Level 1

Hello,

I am trying to set up a Multivariate test with 4 Locations all in the Hero space. 

Location 1: Background Image

Location 2: H1

Location 3: Body copy

Location 4: CTA

The issue I am encountering is that whenever I attempt to update the background image via the HTML for that hero container, it completely overrides the other locations as they are also located within the same container. How can I get around this? Ideally, I would like this test to rotate all of these locations to determine what the best hero experience is for our users.

Thank you.

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

One option would be for you to create all the combinations yourself.

So you would select the containing div as location 1, edit the html to change the background image, h1, body copy & CTA; if you have control + 2 variations of each element then that would be 12 in total. 

It is a more manual option, and it would mean you lose the Location Contribution aspect of reporting, but the end result would still be the same and you'd still be able to analyse at the Offer level to understand performance of individual elements.

The other option, which is still a bit of a workaround, would be to edit another element on the page (doesn't really matter which) and add some <style> changes targeted to the element you want to change the background image of e.g. 

<style>
#elementIWantToChange {
 background-image: url("https://www.image.com/myimage.png");
}
</style>

That would then allow you to add the other 3 locations as per usual via the VEC and would also mean that the Location Contribution report worked fully

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Level 4

I'm not sure i fully follow. Can you share some more details - maybe a copy of the HTML you're making updates to?

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

One option would be for you to create all the combinations yourself.

So you would select the containing div as location 1, edit the html to change the background image, h1, body copy & CTA; if you have control + 2 variations of each element then that would be 12 in total. 

It is a more manual option, and it would mean you lose the Location Contribution aspect of reporting, but the end result would still be the same and you'd still be able to analyse at the Offer level to understand performance of individual elements.

The other option, which is still a bit of a workaround, would be to edit another element on the page (doesn't really matter which) and add some <style> changes targeted to the element you want to change the background image of e.g. 

<style>
#elementIWantToChange {
 background-image: url("https://www.image.com/myimage.png");
}
</style>

That would then allow you to add the other 3 locations as per usual via the VEC and would also mean that the Location Contribution report worked fully

Level 1

So right after I asked this question, I ended up discovering that workaround you mentioned. There was already an empty container on the page so I created 3 HTML offers with the CSS to change the background image. I wasn't sure this was a good solution until I saw your reply. So thank you for the confirmation!