Expand my Community achievements bar.

Applications for the 2024 Adobe Target Community Mentorship Program are open! Click to the right to learn more about participating as either an Aspirant, to professionally level up with a new Certification, or as a Mentor, to share your Adobe Target expertise and inspire through your leadership! Submit your application today.
SOLVED

Auto-allocate with multiple goal metrics

Level 4

Hello,

I'm looking to utilize the auto-allocate feature for an A/B test but I'm wondering if its possible to use multiple goal metrics with the auto-allocate feature? I know you can only add one goal metric, however, within one goal metric you can add say multiple clicks on a page within the VEC that will qualify for that goal, does this work affectively or inflate any of the success metrics at all? Specifically, I'm looking to track click-through rates for my goal of the test so I would need to include multiple button clicks on the page under this goal. Thoughts?

Thanks,

-B

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

If you are comfortable with little bit of client-side javascript and firing off a custom mbox name, you could wire up all of your HTML event clicks to the same mbox name and then set up your Conversion metric to be "Viewed an mbox" instead of clicked an element. The implementation would depend on which version of Target you are using. You can probably start with this method https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/target/using/implement-target/client-side/at-js-implementati...

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

If you are comfortable with little bit of client-side javascript and firing off a custom mbox name, you could wire up all of your HTML event clicks to the same mbox name and then set up your Conversion metric to be "Viewed an mbox" instead of clicked an element. The implementation would depend on which version of Target you are using. You can probably start with this method https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/target/using/implement-target/client-side/at-js-implementati...

Level 4

Thanks for the suggestion. Not a bad thought. I'll have to give this a try.