Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

AT: request failed Error: Errors: field - [context.address.url] - size must be between 0 and 4096

Level 1

Hello Team,
There is a bug in Adobe target. Please find the details below:
We have a requirement where the length of the size can be more than 4096. I am using at.js 2.0. Due to the URL length of more than 4096. I am getting the below response from the Adobe target server.Screenshot 2021-06-01 at 09.47.37.pngScreenshot 2021-06-01 at 09.48.50.png

Error: AT: request failed Error: Errors: field - [context.address.url] - size must be between 0 and 4096

I have tried different ways to fix this issue. It would be nice to add a feature that could update context variable in Adobe Target when needed. Also, this thing needs to be handled from the Adobe target server-side as well.

Have you guys face this issue before. If yes, How did you handled it?

Regards
AJ

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

@Aj4989 @KRAZ @AJ18  so the error you are getting is intended . This is not a bug but a defined/documented  limit for request url . You may have a look at this document for more details : https://developers.adobetarget.com/api/delivery-api/#operation/execute 

Gaurav_Singh_0-1626405684046.png

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Level 1
I would love have any update from Adobe? If they are planning to fix any time? If yes, how long is it going to take?

Level 4
Same error here, any udpate from Adobe?

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

@Aj4989 @KRAZ @AJ18  so the error you are getting is intended . This is not a bug but a defined/documented  limit for request url . You may have a look at this document for more details : https://developers.adobetarget.com/api/delivery-api/#operation/execute 

Gaurav_Singh_0-1626405684046.png

Level 4
I already assumed that it is by design if an error comes back. My question is more how can I prevent that, the limit is not by any URL specs and I have not seen in the documentation how to set the parameter with a shortened URL to make sure it always works?