Expand my Community achievements bar.

Applications for the 2024 Adobe Target Community Mentorship Program are open! Click to the right to learn more about participating as either an Aspirant, to professionally level up with a new Certification, or as a Mentor, to share your Adobe Target expertise and inspire through your leadership! Submit your application today.
SOLVED

at.js unreachable "serverDomain", but default content doesn't show. any failsafe solution?

Level 2

in at.js I can see serverDomain is configured. In the case of serverDomain is not reachable (server down or whatever), our webpage stays as blank. I think this is due to the fact that body{opacity:0} is never removed in the case of failing to access the serverDomain.

Is this a bug or there is a configuration that can give me failsafe?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

Hi 

We checked from our end that you are using at.js V0.8.0 and it had same issue and were rectified in V0.9.1 Hence we would recommend to use at.js V0.9.1 . 

Also, There is a variable timeout:5000 which controls for how long will we wait to call. Time out 5000 means we will show the page in 5 secs in case of unreachable edge.

Thanks & Regards

Parit Mittal

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Level 10

Hi ,

Ya, it should never remain blank. Can you provide more details?  .Please share your Client code and Target Account login details as well as the Test URL in a private message so that we can simulate the issue at our end.

Thanks & Regards

Parit Mittal

Level 2

try http://tongc.github.io/ and you can see the page is blank because Adobe Target URL is not reachable. 

Correct answer by
Level 10

Hi 

We checked from our end that you are using at.js V0.8.0 and it had same issue and were rectified in V0.9.1 Hence we would recommend to use at.js V0.9.1 . 

Also, There is a variable timeout:5000 which controls for how long will we wait to call. Time out 5000 means we will show the page in 5 secs in case of unreachable edge.

Thanks & Regards

Parit Mittal

Level 2

Thanks Parit, my file was less than a month old but seems already very stale. (looks like 11 versions in between). Because we can't use latest file without having a release which is rather time consuming so I wonder if there is any release note for at.js so that we can understand what have been changed and decide if it worth upgrading or not.