Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

AT.js - How can I get parameter value on mbox

Level 1

We use AT.js and trying to retrieve the value of certain parameter stored in global mbox via concurrent campaign.

It seems mbox.js has a method for that, but this page says it does not apply AT.js.

https://marketing.adobe.com/resources/help/en_US/target/target/r_variables_profiles_parameters_metho...

Is there any method or workaround with AT.js to do this?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

Hi ,

If you are using profile scripts to retrieve the value of certain parameter stored in global mbox via concurrent campaign then the syntax to retrieve the value would be : mbox.param('paramName')   however if you are retrieving the value of parameter inside an offer then you have to use the syntax : ${mbox.param('paramName')}

Thanks & Regards

Parit Mittal

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 10

Hi ,

If you are using profile scripts to retrieve the value of certain parameter stored in global mbox via concurrent campaign then the syntax to retrieve the value would be : mbox.param('paramName')   however if you are retrieving the value of parameter inside an offer then you have to use the syntax : ${mbox.param('paramName')}

Thanks & Regards

Parit Mittal

Employee Advisor

Hi nfujik,

If I'm understanding you correctly you are passing a parameter into the Target global mbox request somewhere (page A). And then somewhere else (page B) you'd like to read the value of the parameter for the visitor. If this is correct the method you referring to for mbox.js does NOT handle that. It only returns the parameters sent on the same page.

Level 1

Thank you for reply.

Profile script way worked. With AT.js, simply calling ${profile.paramName} got me its value.

Both campaign is on same page. But it is very helpful info that it won't work in different page.

Thanks!