Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us for an upcoming in-person Adobe Target Skill Builders event ~~> We're hosting these live learning opportunities to equip you with the knowledge and skills to leverage Target successfully. Learn more to see if we'll be coming to a city near you!
SOLVED

Archiving and Deleting Adobe Target Activities

Level 1

Hi All,

We are trying to delete/Archive our Adobe Target activities from past (We have activities from 2012 ), are there any industry standards or best practices around this? .Does deleting/archiving old activities make any difference in activity search ? Currently , it takes a lot of time to pull up an activity search . We think it is because of the high number of activities in the target workspace and it's taking a lot of time for API to get the activity

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 4

Hi @sushmajk 

Is your issue related to using the Target UI or querying the activities via API?

My recommendation (based on past experience) would be to ensure any old activities are in either the "archived" or "ended" (if scheduled) state - this should be sufficient.

The default filters within Target Workspaces omit these 2 status types, however I generally avoid actually deleting old activities in case I need to refer back to them for some reason in future.
As far as I'm aware there shouldn't be any performance issues with a large list of past activities other than having issues finding old tests..

Also, QA links also stop working for activities in the "archived" or "ended" state.
https://experienceleaguecommunities.adobe.com/t5/adobe-target-questions/how-do-i-qa-an-archived-acti...

Thanks,
Jacob

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Correct answer by
Level 4

Hi @sushmajk 

Is your issue related to using the Target UI or querying the activities via API?

My recommendation (based on past experience) would be to ensure any old activities are in either the "archived" or "ended" (if scheduled) state - this should be sufficient.

The default filters within Target Workspaces omit these 2 status types, however I generally avoid actually deleting old activities in case I need to refer back to them for some reason in future.
As far as I'm aware there shouldn't be any performance issues with a large list of past activities other than having issues finding old tests..

Also, QA links also stop working for activities in the "archived" or "ended" state.
https://experienceleaguecommunities.adobe.com/t5/adobe-target-questions/how-do-i-qa-an-archived-acti...

Thanks,
Jacob