Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us for an upcoming in-person Adobe Target Skill Builders event ~~> We're hosting these live learning opportunities to equip you with the knowledge and skills to leverage Target successfully. Learn more to see if we'll be coming to a city near you!
SOLVED

AEM AAM Target Integration

Level 10

Hi all,

Let us say, using data from AEM, Segments are created in AAM and passed to Target and Target uses them for Personalization in AEM.

Apart from Segments, is there anything else Target needs from AAM and AAM passes to Target?

Let us assume that a segment was passed to Target.

How does Target know what content to recommend display in AEM for a user belonging to that segment?

Who tells AEM that probably Blue color picture should be displayed for a male of 25 yr old?

Appreciate your responses.

Thanks,

Rama.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Administrator

Hi Rama,

Thanks for your question! Apart from Segments, nothing gets shared between AAM and Target. The audience qualification happens on our edge infrastructure. Once the audience and the activity qualifications happen on edge, edge responds back with content to the end user. The end user's web page happening to be an AEM page at this point is incidental. We are not sending this info to AEM.

Thanks,

Amelia

View solution in original post

6 Replies

Level 10

Hi all,

1. A user logs in to AEM.
  2. JS tags on the page inform Target about the user.
  3. Target maps the user name to an already existing segment, passed previously by AAM.
  4. So, what does Target tell AEM, with just just the Segment name of the user logged in?
  5. Does Target store color name BLUE also along with Segment? Who shares this color name to Target?
  6. If Target has color name and it knows, it could instruct AEM to display in BLUE color.

Kindly answer my query ASAP.

I need to send my report to my manager by the EOD today.

Thanks,

Rama.

Level 10

Hi all,

Kindly reply to my queries.

Thanks,

Rama.

Level 10

Hi all,

I request you to respond ASAP.

Thanks,

Rama.

Correct answer by
Administrator

Hi Rama,

Thanks for your question! Apart from Segments, nothing gets shared between AAM and Target. The audience qualification happens on our edge infrastructure. Once the audience and the activity qualifications happen on edge, edge responds back with content to the end user. The end user's web page happening to be an AEM page at this point is incidental. We are not sending this info to AEM.

Thanks,

Amelia

Level 10

Appreciate your revert Amelia.

1. When AAM sends a Segment to Target, what exactly is passed?

Segment Name, IDs of all visitors belonging to that Segment, etc?

2. Let us take my above example:Blue color picture should be displayed for a male of 25 yr old.

Let us also fix AEM as the web platform. I understand it could be any web platform.

The whole web page remains the same, except the color of one picture (Blue for Males and Pink for females).

Once the audience and the activity qualifications happen on edge, edge responds back with content to the end user.

What exactly do we mean by "Content" here?

The whole page with appropriate color of the picture?

In such a case, the whole page needs to be recreated in target. Remember it is already there in AEM.

Kindly respond.

Thanks,

Rama.

Administrator

Hi Rama,

Thanks for your follow up! This blog post on Audience Manager segments might be helpful in clarifying the concepts you are looking to understand better. Please reach out here if you have any other related questions/ comments.

Warmly,

Amelia