Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

adobe.target.trackEvent implementation is eluding me

Level 2

We are seeing huge discrepancy in our a4t activities. Especially redirect tests for comparing two AEM pages. Consulting services/support basically told us it is what it is until a larger issue is resolved on their roadmap. I need to implement a trackedevent for form submission directly in target. In previous roles, we had confirmation pages that made this very easy since they were specific to the form and location it was on the site. For this, the confirmation is in page. Javascript fires that notes the pageid, submit, etc... all the pertinent information. What I need to be able to do is create a adobe.target.trackEvent that identifies that form submit and ideally for only one type of form. I don't want to count other forms when they navigate away from this specific experience. Is this done directly in target? or is this a launch thing? I am at a loss. The documentation is not making it clear. 

https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/target/using/implement-target/client-side/at-js-implementati...

https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/target/using/activities/success-metrics/success-metrics.html...

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Are you able to share a bit more information? It sounds like you are wanting to switch from A4T to using Target as the reporting source. Are you using VEC to create the activity? If so, VEC has a tool to pick a particular html element to act as your conversion event. If you are using the form builder, then you need to write some client side javascript to fire off a getOffer request with a specific name to match to the "viewed an mbox" or add "-clicked" to the getOffer request to match to the "clicked an mbox".

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Level 2

Checking in again, would love to know how to solve this. 

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Are you able to share a bit more information? It sounds like you are wanting to switch from A4T to using Target as the reporting source. Are you using VEC to create the activity? If so, VEC has a tool to pick a particular html element to act as your conversion event. If you are using the form builder, then you need to write some client side javascript to fire off a getOffer request with a specific name to match to the "viewed an mbox" or add "-clicked" to the getOffer request to match to the "clicked an mbox".

Level 2

Is there a step by step for this? We are not using the form builder. Does this live in the mbox modification?