Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us for an upcoming in-person Adobe Target Skill Builders event ~~> We're hosting these live learning opportunities to equip you with the knowledge and skills to leverage Target successfully. Learn more to see if we'll be coming to a city near you!
SOLVED

Adobe Target Recommendations using offline puchase data

Level 5

Hi Team,

We have a client use case where we need to show 'People who bought this, also bought' recommendation using transaction made offline or POS. Can you please let me know if anyone has done this kind of implementation? If yes, how can we upload the data into Target system? Is it using bulk profile update API or any other way?

Thank you in advance!

Kartheek A

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Yes, Bulk API would make a lot of sense in this scenario. Two things to keep in mind:
i) Make sure to include productPurchaseId with the list of products
ii) You can reduce the number of requests by ignoring orders with only one product, as they of course don't add any value to that particular algorithm 

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Yes, Bulk API would make a lot of sense in this scenario. Two things to keep in mind:
i) Make sure to include productPurchaseId with the list of products
ii) You can reduce the number of requests by ignoring orders with only one product, as they of course don't add any value to that particular algorithm 

Level 5

Apologies for responding late Alex!

Thank you for sharing solution! We have used the same approach and are able to implement use case successfully

Regards,
Kartheek